Error while installing chrome browser !!!

Hey every one out there !

Please help me !

I am getting error as written below while installing google chrome browser !!

Please help me out

ERROR : [PK_TMP_DIR|dir:///var/tmp/TmpDir.b1ooJw] Repository already exists:shame:

Hi, Please use Code tags to post things like that error in the future:
Posting in Code Tags - A Guide

Please post output of:

zypper lr -d

| Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service

–±------------------------------------±------------------------------------±--------±--------±---------±---------±----------------------------------------------------------------±-------
1 | PK_TMP_DIR | PK_TMP_DIR | Yes | Yes | 99 | plaindir | dir:///var/tmp/TmpDir.b3TEVG |
2 | Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82 | Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82 | No | No | 99 | NONE | Index of /update/11.3 |
3 | openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82 | openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82 | Yes | No | 99 | yast2 | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0 |
4 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.3-Debug | No | No | 99 | NONE | Index of /debug/distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
5 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.3-Non-Oss | No | No | 99 | NONE | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/non-oss |
6 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.3-Oss | No | No | 99 | NONE | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
7 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.3-Source | No | No | 99 | NONE | Index of /source/distribution/11.3/repo/oss |

Run this command as root (by first doing su -):

zypper rr 1

Does that fix it?

That’s fix it but I want to see your repositories maybe you install it.

Sry for late reply !!!

now there is new error as following :

nothing provides libjpeg.so.62 needed by google-chrome-stable-8.0.552.237-70801.i386

Install this library
write in terminal

su 
 # zypper install libjpeg.so.62 

Try it!

Also install all win32 libraries. You will need them!

thanX ever1

done !

Does it run now? Have you not installed this library libjpeg.so.62

I have also got an error while installing chrome browser but it’s a different error.

The title of the error dialog box reads “Problem connecting to a software source”.
Details: Specified path ‘/var/tmp/TmpDir.YL1Ztp’ is not a directory: dir:///var/tmp/TmpDir.YL1Ztp

Someone please help!!

Please post output of

zypper lr -d

In Code tags like this guide explains:
Posting in Code Tags - A Guide

1 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.3-Debug | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /debug/distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
2 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.3-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/non-oss |
3 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.3-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
4 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.3-Source | No | Yes | 99 | NONE | Index of /source/distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
5 | repo-update | openSUSE-11.3-Update | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.3

I presume you are trying to install the chrome rpm off google’s website. Try installing it this way. Run these commands as root (by doing su - first):

cd /directory/of/downloaded/chrome/rpm
zypper in google-chrome-stable_current*.rpm

Can you install it through there? If not please post the error in Code tags.

ah7013, your trick did the magic. Thank you so much!

I am new to openSUSE and am surprised with the quick help that I can get from the community. I can’t wait to explore more into openSUSE.

I am curious on why clicking on the rpm file on the desktop didn’t work but running zypper in the console was fine. Would you be able to explain that to me? Thx