Thread: Packman repository not refreshing

Default Packman repository not refreshing

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the Packman repository lately. First, I added the Packman repo using a Germany mirror link. Everything worked fine until I decided to switch the repository URL to the standard Packman one (http://packman.inode.at/suse/11.3/packman.repo) instead of a mirror.

Then I started getting an error while refreshing repositories:

Code:
    Error refreshing service Packman Repository (http://packman.inode.at/suse/11.3/packman.repo): Parse error: repoindex.xml[1] Document is empty
    Quite frustratingly, for some reason zypper has made the Packman repo invisible and I can't see it anywhere (not in Yast Software Repositories or in the /etc/zypp/repos.d folder. Yet, it still tries to use that repository when refreshing, and obviously gives me an error in the process.

Any idea how to completely remove all traces of this Packman repo from my system so I can start anew? (aside from an OS reinstall?)
    "Darkness called But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "Pick up the phone, Darkness!," but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls."

Default Re: Packman repository not refreshing

Can you please post output of:

Code:
    zypper lr -d
    Desktop: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 - Core i7 7700K - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8770W - Core i7 3940XM - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE

No need to reply, I fixed it by myself. Apparently I had to switch to the "Services" filter in Yast Software Repositories and delete the problematic Packman repo from there, and then re-add it again, this time another mirror. It works now.

I wonder though why it was in the Services section and not in the Repositories one?

sorry, I'm still not really experienced with zypper, or openSuse in general. :-)
    "Darkness called But I was on the phone, so I missed him. I tried to *69 Darkness, but his machine picked up. I yelled "Pick up the phone, Darkness!," but he ignored me. Darkness must have been screening his calls."

Quote Originally Posted by BrownieCat View Post
    No need to reply, I fixed it by myself. :-) Apparently I had to switch to the "Services" filter in Yast Software Repositories and delete the problematic Packman repo from there, and then re-add it again, this time another mirror.
    Great - glad its all working now
    Desktop: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 - Core i7 7700K - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8770W - Core i7 3940XM - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE

Quote Originally Posted by BrownieCat View Post
    No need to reply, I fixed it by myself. Apparently I had to switch to the "Services" filter in Yast Software Repositories and delete the problematic Packman repo from there, and then re-add it again, this time another mirror. It works now.

I wonder though why it was in the Services section and not in the Repositories one?

sorry, I'm still not really experienced with zypper, or openSuse in general. :-)
    Thanks for this reply. I ran into that repoindex.xml[5] error.

Deleting the service fixed the problem with zypper.
    Box 1: OpenSuse 11.1/Win7 | Linux 2.6.27 Gnome | AMD 64 X2 6000+ | nVidia 8600GT | 2GB RAM
    Box 2: OpenSuse 11.2 | Linux 2.6.31 Gnome | AMD 64 3000+ | ATI X800 Pro | 1GB RAM
    Box 3: Win7 Premium Home | Intel P4 3.0Gz | ATI AIW 2006 | 2GB RAM