openSUSE 9.3

Greetings,

where can I find a DVD iso image of openSUSE-9.3 to download?

Thanks for hints
Wolf

just do a google search ‘openSUSE 9.3’ but … with openSUSE at 11.3 now and soon 11.4 is coming, the bigger question is why are you trying to such an out of date release?

Unless you are trying to port it to a pre - pentium II PC (very old) you would be well advised to choose a more recent version with security, stability, support like 11.2 at a minimum!

I doubt even if 9.3 was released with a DVD iso. In those times the releases used to have a few CDs.

Read this: Re: [opensuse] Where to Download 9.3?

Find it here:
Index of /pub/linux/suse/discontinued/i386/9.3/iso

Thanks, that helped.

I need an old version which supports php4 to maintain a php4-application (250+ scripts) which are running on a server providing php4 only.

On openSUSE-11.3 I already have installed php4.4.10 from source, however I failed compiling the extension modules (mysql.so, imap.so, iconv.so, etc).

What is the problem running PHP4 scripts in a PHP5 environment?

The only thing that comes to my mind that the short tag <? … ?> is no longer supported, only the long tag <?php … ?> is. Changing this is in any case an action long overdue when you want to run these script for any reasonable amount of time.

On 2011-01-05 17:06, hcvv wrote:
>
> I doubt even if 9.3 was released with a DVD iso. In those times the
> releases used to have a few CDs.

In SuSE times (pre-Novell) the DVD was payware. The full distro was downloadable (network install) I
think 40 days after the release of the box. Or some similar combination, I have the details foggy -
3 AM of a long day.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” GM (Minas Tirith))