> But when I give a -mount- command with enough information (as if there
    > was no entry in -fstab-) would it nevertheless consult -fstab-? What
    > for, it should still mount the way I tell it, not the way that is in
    > -fstab-.

It might depend on who you are.

--
    Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)

Default Re: 11.2 partition isolation issue

Quote Originally Posted by hcvv View Post
    @please_try_again
    I know that fstab is read when you give mount command with insufficient information.
    Does mount realy read fstab it when there is enough information to do what you ask?
    Does mount read fstab when you use it without any options or parameters just to get a list (where it uses /etc/mtab?)?

From man fstab:

An entry ignore causes the line to be ignored. This is useful to show disk partitions which are currently unused
    It depends bit on how you interprete "show dis partitions". Show to whome? IMHO that is administration feature for the system manager, nothing for an end-user file manager. But opinions may differ, As I said: I am the only one ...."
    To add a comment to this old thread, 'ignore' is not supported anymore in the latest util-linux, and the devs don't intend to re-implement it.
    See my bug report for ArchLinux: https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/30325#comment95708

As soon as openSUSE upgrades to version 2.21.2 of util-linux, the 'ignore' trick in /etc/fstab won't work anymore.

I wouldn't say that I'm happy about that. The new blkid has some interesting improvements though.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910