Network Bridge betw/ eth0 and wlan0

Good evening, OpenSUSE users.

I’m new to this forum site and I was wondering how can I bridge a network between the eth0 and wlan0 connections?

my eth0 NIC is a RealTek RTL8111B 10/100/1000 Ethernet Card (OnBoard) and my wlan0 NIC is a RealTek RTL8187B 802.11b/g WiFi USB Adapter Card.

Are there any utilities, such as bridge-utils that I can use, except for Firestarter since Firestarter states that the eth0 connection is not established, or do I right-click on the network icon and select Edit Connections and go to Auto eth0 and under the IPv4 Address setting and select Shared to other computers and run a live connection there?

The main reason is that I need an Internet connection for my Xbox 360, which is connected to my Linksys WRT54G 802.11b/g Wireless Router, that has DD-WRT firmware installed and 4 WiFi hotspots for any wireless device, such as my PSP, DS, DS Lite, Wii, Laptop(s), my brother’s PC (needs a WiFi card), and my dad’s PC (needs either a WiFi card or an Internet connection from my brother’s computer to my dad’s PC)

Here are my Computer Specs:
ECS nForce6m-a Motherboard
2GB DDR-800 PC6400 Memory
WDC WD135BA 13.5GB IDE HDD*
Seagate ST310005 1TB SATA HDD**
*OpenSUSE 11.3
**Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
Belkin Basic Wireless N USB Adapter (used with Windows 7)
TrendNet TEW-424UB Wireless B/G USB Adapter (RealTek RTL8187B) (used with OpenSUSE 11.3)
RealTek PCIe Family Gigabit Ethernet (RTL8111B)
Microsoft USB Scrolling Mouse
GE Keyboard
Vizio 26" LCD LED HDTV as a multi-tasking TV (PC/Xbox 360/N64/VCR (CATV)/OTA-HD)
nVidia e-GeForce 8500GT PCI-E x16 Video Card w/ 512MB GDDR3 Memory (over 1.2GB with system shared memory with Windows 7)
Antec 900 Gaming Case
Lite-On ATAPI iHAS324 SATA DVD Burner
HP DeskJet F4135 AiO Printer (P/S/C)
Maxtor OneTouch External Hard Drive (Maxtor 6Y080L0 HDD)
Corsair HW520W PSU
AMD Athlon X2 64 Dual-Core Processor 4000+ 2.11GHz per core (4.22GHz total)

Things connected to my Ethernet port on my PC:
Linksys Workstation 5-port switch (Port 5 (uplink): PC, Port 1: Wireless Router)
Linksys WRT54G Wireless Router (WAN: Switch, LAN: Xbox 360, WLAN: PSP, DS, DS Lite, other PCs)

thanks for helping you guys, Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year. If you’re wondering why I have a lot of things in/connected to my PC, basically, some of the parts were on sale.

I’ve done it a long time in the past and as far as I can remember the only thing that’s needed is NetworkManager and dnsmasq package. Try this procedure and see if that works.
How to share a wireless connection with others using Ethernet and Fedora - Fishpool
I did this quite similar to what is written there however I was using gnome at that time and a NetworkManager client with a bit different interface that what is available today.

Best regards,
Greg

Hello,
I’m confused: how is your computer connected to the internet in that scenario?

The computer is connected with wireless to the router and the Xbox is connected to the router through ethernet card of the computer.

and the router connects to the internet? So the xbox should be already connected to the internet. Why do you need to “bridge” eth0 and wlan0?

Oh wait sorry, I just read that again.
but earlier you said

And I was having trouble working that out.

NAT may do what you need as well:
http://www.aeronetworks.ca/howtos/Laptop-NAT-Howto.html