Thread: KDE on high resolution monitor

Default KDE on high resolution monitor

I have a dell latitude with intel i7 nvidia NVS 3100M and screen 1920x1080 resolution, using KDE 4.4 stable suse, well with high resolution monitor I found some problem usng kde:
    1- I can change the font dimension by system settings but if I bigger the font the dimension of Kmunu doesn't change so the result is big font in small container, ugly and difficult to use
    2- I can change the font dimensions in KDM splashscreen but the window where username and password is shown doesn't change, result is big unreadeable font in a small case
    3- I cannot change the tabs and theyr font dimensions in chromium and firefox, result very small tabs
    4- Icons in system tray and Kmenu and other icons remains always small even if I bigger the panel

any suggestion on this issues

Blog Entries

Default Re: KDE on high resolution monitor

I haven't explored this in KDE, but on "that other popular OS" what you describe is also commonly asked, and the answer is that simply changing the font size only does what you describe. You need to change the overall desktop theme to resize all the objects to scale with the changes you make (like font size).

I did a quick look, in a couple minutes I couldn't find a solution that matches your desire exactly, but I found numerous examples where people replaced the KDE Menu with other objects like taskbars (which are enormous in comparison to the standard KDE menu)

Google "KDE themes" and you'll return numerous sites where you can download/try themes.

HTH,
    Tony

Default Re: KDE on high resolution monitor

in "that other popular OS" exist something like zoom 125% or 150%
    in an hour I looked for themes in kde-look.org but anything match with 1080p resolution, googling only wallpapers pops up