Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: Unable to run GoogleEarth 6 on OpenSuse 11.3

  1. #1

    Default Unable to run GoogleEarth 6 on OpenSuse 11.3

    Hallo:

    I'm trying to run Google Earth 6 (just downloaded) on OpenSuse 11.3, kde.

    The log for installing and running is:
    athlon1@linux-c930:/windows/datos/Downloads> sh GoogleEarthLinux.bin
    Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    Uncompressing Google Earth for GNU/Linux 6.0.0.1735..............................................................
    loki_setup: Valor del tamaño sospechoso para la opción option

    loki_setup: Valor del tamaño sospechoso para la opción option
    loki_setup: Valor del tamaño sospechoso para la opción option
    Installing mimetypes...
    Installing desktop menu entries...
    Installing desktop icon...
    /home/athlon1/bin/googleearth: línea 49: /home/athlon1/google-earth/googleearth-bin: No existe el fichero o el directorio
    /home/athlon1/bin/googleearth: línea 49: /home/athlon1/google-earth/googleearth-bin: Conseguido
    athlon1@linux-c930:/windows/datos/Downloads>


    If I install and run it as root , the error is the same.

    Any suggestion.
    Thanks

    On Kubuntu 10.04 i find the same error.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Unable to run GoogleEarth 6 on OpenSuse 11.3

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    Did you try the download again? I just downloaded and installed and it is
    working perfectly. I'm in a Gnome setup and my system is x86_64 and
    English-based so maybe that makes a difference.

    Good luck.





    On 11/30/2010 04:36 PM, torcaz99 wrote:
    >
    > Hallo:
    >
    > I'm trying to run Google Earth 6 (just downloaded) on OpenSuse 11.3,
    > kde.
    >
    > The log for installing and running is:
    > athlon1@linux-c930:/windows/datos/Downloads> sh
    > GoogleEarthLinux.bin
    > Verifying archive integrity... All good.
    > Uncompressing Google Earth for GNU/Linux
    > 6.0.0.1735..............................................................
    > loki_setup: Valor del tamaño sospechoso para la opción option
    >
    > loki_setup: Valor del tamaño sospechoso para la opción option
    > loki_setup: Valor del tamaño sospechoso para la opción option
    > Installing mimetypes...
    > Installing desktop menu entries...
    > Installing desktop icon...
    > /home/athlon1/bin/googleearth: línea 49:
    > /home/athlon1/google-earth/googleearth-bin: No existe el fichero o el
    > directorio
    > /home/athlon1/bin/googleearth: línea 49:
    > /home/athlon1/google-earth/googleearth-bin: Conseguido
    > athlon1@linux-c930:/windows/datos/Downloads>
    >
    >
    > If I install and run it as root , the error is the same.
    >
    > Any suggestion.
    > Thanks
    >
    > On Kubuntu 10.04 i find the same error.
    >
    >

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v2.0.15 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

    iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJM9ZB9AAoJEF+XTK08PnB5xisP/0rxzgS/tlAi7WzUKto/Frdj
    7w4V+6HPpCUoadn722wsoo38AaklExbWGhvESKhVIgS7USDCX2BUVJhmg8U8kLXk
    adD7YU7d7rSvE5JWzNq9TFfs4ga4vdvJU3j21tn1CSmk1cwHLEI/4d+rK3iq1CJ/
    gvdgRzxINyzdhFPxWzuU9uFUBpa4DGhXmf2ZqAW6lYQffhfdFwMhMBNc7sLjCbT/
    nGFXHBUaRhEh4HsuGm9RnVn/3GgMODg1t2emGqo7oySeVYPPdD+eyrb5uCTAiHnY
    27XIBIfzAGq0TFFkBLZye0nQQbIMyhctvbmVncF1HVpeXfEvEnWUvQd48YKm5sjp
    oaV/n71S6m3bkDy6GBn0i8/uNHSk8ZHeSuQo/sJ+9Hfn1QHeXPQzSzZUXRLBqLrz
    ZyF20m7nY+Fzi+OOwx6E2HRUrsMQ/O28pzeTUdxeUwr2v/QyhPXpeeIWUcYTNOh8
    WsKYkMHP/GIL/HVeZHZr+y41uuDhPjoRbRQdCREm8A9B1wu+qW4AX9kZR+9KzQhm
    loc/hDIB7hCIpb8U/NrmJAcKTVNXtzZZ/d4cnwwS+tuPpmvQQhTAlHRs5VKUsW8g
    c3Oyn99Dy3il+bgD8CgbmTzFuj8mCEN70zS/7lE+nH1E16R/sYt+OHsymyF1XRur
    YGS0+j2TMu645Vk1Qp7L
    =Ppo9
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: Unable to run GoogleEarth 6 on OpenSuse 11.3

    Same here. Google Earth 6.0 installs fine, but does not run. The Terminal error message I get (in English) is:

    Code:
    /home/james/bin/googleearth: line 49: /home/james/google-earth/googleearth-bin: No such file or directory
    /home/james/bin/googleearth: line 49: /home/james/google-earth/googleearth-bin: Success
    And then, nothing, it just dies.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Inzago, Italy
    Posts
    108

    Default Re: Unable to run GoogleEarth 6 on OpenSuse 11.3

    I installed it yesterday over a previous installation and it works. Did you check the existence of /home/james/google-earth/ directory? in your teminal error I see /home/james/bin/googleearth
    OpenSuse 13.1 with KDE 4.11 on Intel I7 930 motherboard Asus P6T SE - RAM 6 Gb
    - video card NVIDIA GT220 1GB - TV card Hauppauge WinTV Nova T stick

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Mangfall, Germany
    Posts
    1,499

    Default Re: Unable to run GoogleEarth 6 on OpenSuse 11.3

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    Same here. Google Earth 6.0 installs fine, but does not run. The Terminal error message I get (in English) is:

    Code:
    /home/james/bin/googleearth: line 49: /home/james/google-earth/googleearth-bin: No such file or directory
    /home/james/bin/googleearth: line 49: /home/james/google-earth/googleearth-bin: Success
    And then, nothing, it just dies.

    Thank You,
    Hi,

    I'm getting a exactly the same response.
    Tried deleting the directory 'googleearth' and re-installing with same result.
    Deleted again the directory 'googleearth' and re-installed googleearth 5.2.1.1588 and its ok.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Unable to run GoogleEarth 6 on OpenSuse 11.3

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
    Hash: SHA1

    I too installed over a previous 5.x version and also should note that my
    previous install was in a different location (/home/me/apps/google-earth)
    so that MAY make a difference, though I'd lean more toward the upgrade vs.
    new install side of things personally soncisdering Viviano Guastalla's
    results.

    Good luck.






    On 12/01/2010 01:36 AM, Viviano Guastalla wrote:
    >
    > I installed it yesterday over a previous installation and it works. Did
    > you check the existence of */home/james/google-earth/ *directory? in
    > your teminal error I see */home/james/bin/googleearth*
    >
    >

    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v2.0.15 (GNU/Linux)
    Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org/

    iQIcBAEBAgAGBQJM9oq5AAoJEF+XTK08PnB5UicQAJfxbt31tGRi6AoMyzZUVAce
    IIhBiSARS3bjQRNCxHWMWXUa8JZSdKg/4hDqzBTY5uMCEzF1AfEBMV3vxZkizuD5
    61zLIXGDKQkRcEAM47/IDAtvmnNUD+jQylAJP1ngcLDNj4QkuKM2bKNY2SVQn/CC
    ixTvjM/zxQzCVMudfQM0k6se3zgu/zbDh4MHeSxpxxlsAaqoiv1H7jV9T5/uInjr
    8F5jqha058TSa4T3faUc/Hj6a0SDcxVInDmNDa5tk9nTFJxglG7Xwgk39oUUpJIt
    rs+Bpf5oBMt6VGjT6ruvdZ1tiYb274NNUclw+g1mmOk6fOzTB+LNdEgZ5ZL0fLLA
    2eUxJ+Z9F3ayoMNJFoOwkNRyKG3aGRtXNZmjs3eKY6IobY3VuM85+cmMLVRyGS++
    Qt9YU/1DqXbIWVVFbPBNmId3eZhbUkZ4Rzppk3VI15HR2DdPwK+l3qqllNUZhtEW
    J2BrJHf3xPV89FeFA82OYmC43cL6fD5xukbnKU9lMa7POcawaIN1DaitMkTPqgMP
    snSTrAu0WqWKGQG/kJnQhHVWMrD6WOUn97pneO4WWrQD2Rps9vjg1QpaM4E5MKou
    WY2bz6NSr64GmM08qhRBB4rafAZ/8cK/59dc9hCq3vNNU8n8WVH63l5G5MoyHznn
    IAqChjvVe1kq1B8+TCi8
    =BhUY
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

  7. #7

    Default Re: Unable to run GoogleEarth 6 on OpenSuse 11.3

    just install lsb package.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Unable to run GoogleEarth 6 on OpenSuse 11.3

    its told that you need install correct LSB or try manual setup:


    1 — dwl GoogleEarthLinux.bin somewhere
    2 — run ./GoogleEarthLinux.bin --noexec --target ./GE and find GE in run dir
    3 — go ./GE/setup.data/bin/Linux/x86
    4 — cp setup.gtk setup.gtk2
    5 — go back ./GE
    6 — run: env LANG=en_US.UTF-8 ./setup.sh

    I havent check this yet

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Sulzbach (Taunus), Hessen [Hesse], Deutschland [Germany]
    Posts
    2,178

    Arrow Re: Unable to run GoogleEarth 6 on OpenSuse 11.3

    You (pl.) might be interested in
    Bruno Friedmann:
    GoogleEarth 6.0 running in opensuse 11.4 factory 64Bits (2010/12/01) on the openSUSE user-blog lizards.opensuse.org .

    Regards
    pistazienfresser


    (By the way:
    I have no 64-bit system and not tried to install Google-Earth on my old laptop anyway.
    And I am hoping that Open-Source and Open-Content project FreeStreetMaps will profit by the new help from Microsoft, see also:
    dailywireless.org » Microsoft Hires OpenStreetMap Founder
    Bing Bing engages open maps community - Bing Maps Blog - Site Blogs - Bing Community
    OpenStreetMap founder joins Microsoft's Bing Maps team - The H Open Source: News and Features
    .)

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Switzerland
    Posts
    1,529

    Default Re: Unable to run GoogleEarth 6 on OpenSuse 11.3

    just install lsb package
    Yes, doing this in addition to following pistazienfresser's hints does the trick.
    Technology is 'stuff that doesn't work yet.' -- Bran Ferren

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •