installing java run time environment

where do i find a free download of java runtime environment so i can enable java chat?

i am on a SUSE 11.3, Linux 2.6.34-12-default i686, System: openSUSE 11.3 (i586), thank you for any information…it would be far better than the information i have now…

1. Show if Java Packages are Installed from openSUSE …

Command: rpm --query --all --queryformat '%{NAME}-%{VERSION}-%{RELEASE}-%{ARCH} -> %{VENDOR}
’ ‘java-

java-1_6_0-sun-1.6.0.u22-1.2.1-x86_64 -> openSUSE
java-1_6_0-sun-alsa-1.6.0.u22-1.2.1-x86_64 -> openSUSE
java-1_6_0-sun-plugin-1.6.0.u22-1.2.1-x86_64 -> openSUSE

You should expect to have only Sun Java Packages installed. If your files
include the name –> openjdk <–, it is suggested that they be uninstalled.

Here is test 14 from mmcheck 2.10 to determine if you have the right java files installed. I am using 64 bit and this will be different for 32 bit java.

You can download mmcheck from the forum, look for message #40 the most recent version:

MMCHECK - Check Your Multimedia in 10 Steps - Script File, as proposed by RedDwarf

You might post the output for this test, you can use the command at the top in a terminal session if you do not want to try mmcheck. I have not tried java chat before and I am not sure it works with Linux, but make sure you are using the right Java version first.

Thank You,

You can find it in the openSUSE 11.3-Non-Oss repository. Start up Yast Software Management.

In the “Search” field, type: java-1_6_0-sun

In case it is missing, I’ve provided the link to the repository.

The repo link: Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/non-oss

Good Luck!

Romanator