Recently installed items are not showing at Add to Panel item list

Hi,

Recently I have installed DockbarX and Cardapio. After installation they are supposed to be found in the Add to Panel items, but both of them are not there.

I can run them directly without any problem. Is there anything else I should do manually? I have tried pkill gnome-panel to restart the panel as well.

Thank you,
Joon

Hi
Logout and log back in… I’m assuming dockbarx is the one I packaged?

I did logout/login, of course, I just forgot to mention it.

I actually installed both of them from source. So for a test, I installed your package and logout/login, but it is still not showing on the list.
Is there any configuration file for this?

Thank you,
Joon

Hi
Did you add to the panel? 1 and 2 in the following image;

http://thumbnails24.imagebam.com/10847/c17f84108463558.jpg](http://www.imagebam.com/image/c17f84108463558)

It can be difficult to see as it;s just a vertical bar on the panel (see 3). I just installed it here on 11.4 M3 without problems.

What I’m saying is that I don’t see DockbarX (and Cardapio) in the item list. In your example, in 2. There is no item called DockbarX (and Cardapio) in the list after I click on Add to Panel.

-Joon

Hi
Can you remove your manual install, remove my version as well, then reboot your system and and reinstall dockbarx, logout/login and try again.

Hi
Just installed it in a test 11.3 64bit vmware machine and it’s working fine. I’m guessing your manual install from source may be causing problems.

I will try that and let you know. Thank you. By the way, do you know where is the configuration files of the panel items at? Or is it automatically recognized by the gnome-panel?

-Joon

Hi
Yes, it’s part of the bonobo server which live in /usr/lib(64)/bonobo/servers/GNOME_DockBarXApplet.server to make it show in the panel.

I found that those .server files were in /usr/lib/bonobo/servers, instead of /usr/lib64/bonobo/servers.

After I moved those files, I could see the items. Thank you. I wonder why those files were misplaced in the first place though.

-Joon

Hi
It would have been from the manual install from source.

Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)
SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.24-0.2-default
up 5 days 3:25, 4 users, load average: 0.02, 0.03, 0.00
GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 260.19.21

Thank you for your help!

-Joon