Text gone in Application Browser in 11.3 GNOME

Hello all,

I’m running openSUSE 11.3 with GNOME.
I went through the Software Manager and deleted every instance of OpenOffice.org that was left after changing to LibreOffice, and also installed Beagle (+dependencies) and Tracker with some additional packages.
Then I noticed that in the Application Browser there is no text next to the icons. Only the small version of the icons centered with no text (screenshot below).
http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/598/screenshot1bs.png
The problem is I have no idea how to restore it to the way it was. I’ve already deleted Beagle and Tracker and their packages to no avail. I also noticed that YaST and Control Center both look fine. It’s only the Application Browser.

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated…

What do you mean by “delete?” Are you removing these using the package manager, or are you deleting files manually?

Thanks for the reply!

Yes, by “delete” I meant remove with the package manager.

Anybody have any idea how to fix this?

I created a new user just to test if the same thing happens there too, and it does.
This leads me to conclude that the problem is with the openSUSE setup itself and not with a user setting.
Anybody have any ideas? Anything?

I found another case of this happening here. However there is no answer there either.

I have noticed also that anytime I use one of the applications from te Application Browser anyway, the huge icon with no text appears in my Recent Application list accessed from the bottom panel (bottom-left corner).

This is driving me crazy already! I really don’t want to reinstall openSUSE like it were Windows but that’s all I can think of right now…
Anybody???

Pretty frustrating? Why don’t you try the opensuse-gnome mailing list. This will get you in touch with the developers.

openSUSE Mailinglist Archives