Thread: Oracle Database 10g Express Edition installation on openSUSE 11.3 - help needed

Question Oracle Database 10g Express Edition installation on openSUSE 11.3 - help needed

Hello, I'm trying to install Oracle Database 10g Express Edition installed following oracles install guide at Oracle Database Express Edition
    I'm pretty much already running into problems with the first step. Downloaded the rpm, executed the line below (as root)
    Code:
    rpm -ivh oracle-xe-univ-10.2.0.1-1.0.i386.rpm
    and ended up with:
    Code:
    Preparing...                ########################################### [100%]
    /var/tmp/rpm-tmp.zuOYYL: line 160: [: 18446744073709551615: integer expression expected
       1:oracle-xe-univ         ########################################### [100%]
    error: unpacking of archive failed on file /usr/lib/oracle/xe/app/oracle/product/10.2.0/server/bin/exp;4ceb0827: cpio: Digest mismatch
    So I'm guessing it looking for some package that isn't installed or the wrong version is installed? (Sounds plausible, the download is for a 32bits OS and I'm running 64 bits openSUSE - So I will be missing a lot of 32bits libs)
    Special effects <- KDE 4.2 Showing off
    More KDE -> PINK KDE

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Oracle Database 10g Express Edition installation on openSUSE 11.3 - help needed

So I am no expert on Oracle (which eats Suns I am told) but would you not need to use one of the (Old) supported Linux versions to get this to work? I see where it says that:

Operating system
    One of the following:

• Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL3 and RHEL4
    • Suse SLES-9
    • Fedora Core 4
    • Red Flag DC Server 5.0/MIRACLE LINUX V4.0/Haansoft Linux 2006 Server (Asianux 2.0 Inside)
    • Debian 3.1
    Again, I don't know for sure but either the file you downloaded is corrupted or you ain't got what it takes to even run their installer. But I could be mistaken, it has happened before.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: Oracle Database 10g Express Edition installation on openSUSE 11.3 - help needed

(hope this doesn't end up as a double post - forum acting up)
    Thank you for the reply, but I've seen blogposts about it running on openSUSE 10.3 so I suspect the list you found is rather old.
    Special effects <- KDE 4.2 Showing off
    More KDE -> PINK KDE