Thread: Virtualbox doesn't open

Default Virtualbox doesn't open

Hello

I have search the forum and i have not found any thread which says how to solve this problem so i have create a new one here... I am sorry if i am posting this to the wrong place... I have installed virtualbox in opensuse 11.3 but when i am trying to open it from the konsole, the following error came out... From the gui it doesn't even return an error...

Code:
    /usr/bin/VirtualBox: line 4:  8353 Floating point exceptionLD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/virtualbox${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH}" /usr/lib/virtualbox/VirtualBox $@
    Am i doing something wrong with the install or this is an opensuse bug so i will have to open a new bug report?

Default Re: Virtualbox doesn't open

* kokeroulis,

where did you install Virtualbox from? I normally don't use the OSE because it doesn't include USB support, and the weird license allows me to use the regular version.
    I found the rpm from Oracle works flawlessly.

Uwe

from the yast with the repository way...

* kokeroulis wrote, On 11/22/2010 05:36 PM:
    >
    > from the yast with the repository way...

I suggest you try the download version from Oracle. Check the license first.

Uwe

I agree with buckesfeld - the Yast repository version of VBox has been troublesome, and I get my working versions from the VBox website as well.

You can install the PUEL version from the Oracle repo: http://download.virtualbox.org/virtu...opensuse/11.3/
    Install kernel headers first, as it needs to compile the kernel module during installation (and after each kernel update). There is a service to automatize that task: automatically recompile kernel modules after kernel update.