Thread: Screenlets appear on KDE4 and do not appear on Gnome

Default Screenlets appear on KDE4 and do not appear on Gnome

On SuSE 11.3 x 64 when I log into KDE4 the screenlets appear and work normally. If I log into Gnome or lxde the screenlet manager appear but screenlets themselves don't.

Default Re: Screenlets appear on KDE4 and do not appear on Gnome

I'm not a KDE user - but I don't think that opensuse provides something screenlets for Gnome (which I use) or lxde.

Blog Entries

I'd almost say: of course not. These are not screenlets, these are plasmoids/plasma-widgets. Plasma is the technology where widgets (like your panel, the clock, the systray) sort of swim in, whilst plasma-desktop puts them where they belong, or where you want them. Since Gnome and LXDE (and all the others) don't use plasma, they will not show these widgets.

Home - Screenlets.org - you can called whatever you like they called themselves screenlets )

I instaled my screenlets from Packman, the pack is for Suse 11.2 but run on Suse 11.3 fine, btw on Suse 11.2 there was same problem.

They act as widgets , but are prettier and wooby. Then again if you have idea what makes them not to be launched in gnome environment that will be helpful.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by olegue View Post
    Home - Screenlets.org - you can called whatever you like they called themselves screenlets )

I instaled my screenlets from Packman, the pack is for Suse 11.2 but run on Suse 11.3 fine, btw on Suse 11.2 there was same problem.

They act as widgets , but are prettier and wooby. Then again if you have idea what makes them not to be launched in gnome environment that will be helpful.
    I get what you mean now. No answer though, the site says the run on any composited desktop, that includes Gnome. Since not many have tried to provide a solution, I suggest you post in the forums of screenlets.org, see if they know what's going on.
    BTW, do you have the desktop effects on on Gnome?
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht