Thread: 11.2: Uninstalling software problem

Default 11.2: Uninstalling software problem

Hi,

I installed IBM Lotus Symphony; it said the install was succesful, yet when trying to run it, nothing happens. Then I'm uninstalling using Yast, and it got blocked; it stayed on "5%" Eliminating Symphony... The cancel button does not work.

If I kill the process, would there be a way to have this app correctly uninstalled?

Default Re: 11.2: Uninstalling software problem

Quote Originally Posted by alquimista View Post
    If I kill the process, would there be a way to have this app correctly uninstalled?
    I dunno this app .. but you could, find out its name first with that command:

rpm -qa | grep -i symphony

assuming it has 'symphony' (case insensitive) in its name.

Once you know the name, deinstall the package with:
    zypper rm packagename

Watch for error messages.

As I noticed that you mentionned wine in another post ... is "symphony" not a Windows application? (!)

is this the same machine that you downgraded from 11.3 to 11.2 ( and kept the SAME 11.3 HOME folder )

what else is 11.3 on that 11.2 box ??

please_try_again:

I dunno this app .. but you could, find out its name first with that command:

rpm -qa | grep -i symphony

assuming it has 'symphony' (case insensitive) in its name.

Once you know the name, deinstall the package with:
    zypper rm packagename
    I executed "rpm -qa" and no "symphony" was found; can I assume its gone then?

As I noticed that you mentionned wine in another post ... is "symphony" not a Windows application?
    Nope, it is a linux app; an rpm file I downloaded from IBM site.

JohnVV
    is this the same machine that you downgraded from 11.3 to 11.2 ( and kept the SAME 11.3 HOME folder )
    Yes, it is

what else is 11.3 on that 11.2 box ??
    I formated root with 11.2, and 11.3 home remained with Thunerbird data, and configuration of software like Chrome, pidgin, banshee, etc. I reinstalled all that software and its working fine (extept Wine, for which I opened another thread)