Thread: KRANDR: Anyone Got This to Keep a Revised Resolution Beyond Logout/Reboot?

Default KRANDR: Anyone Got This to Keep a Revised Resolution Beyond Logout/Reboot?

If anyone has got Krandr to keep a new resolution setting that you have made, beyond the next logout or reboot, could they please tell me how? Never worked for me from 11.1 through to 11.3, KDE (all versions). At one time I saw "use this at KDE startup" or something like that; now, that option is not there, and Krandr just resets itself back to its default. I'm getting quite fed up with this behaviour, and it seems the nuclear option is to install (for me) the proprietary ATI/AMD drivers. PITA!

I did some research, and it seems the Krandr developers have known, for nearly 2 years, that it is broken, yet done nada. With openSuse dropping SAX2 (way to go, guys/girls, drop our only method of easily correcting problems with usage of X), I figure there must be a file where a magic incantation can be scribed, to make KRANDR obey its MASTER! My Precious!

Thanks in advance. PS. Reading the SDB/threads by oldcpu yielded me zilch progress towards a solution.

Default Re: KRANDR: Anyone Got This to Keep a Revised Resolution Beyond Logout/Reboot?

I would like this feature, too!!

Default Re: KRANDR: Anyone Got This to Keep a Revised Resolution Beyond Logout/Reboot?

Me too. Have successfully installed the ATI drivers, but KRandR persists in swapping the laptop screen and the external display (external should be on the right but always get set to left on reboot). Anyone know of a way round this?
    Alastair Scott

openSUSE LEAP

...and then I thought I had the solution....

I edited the xorg.conf file to make the external screen appear at the right and re-booted. Hey presto! It worked....until I tried to use it...My external monitor was in the right place, but was the wrong size. And now my compositing doesn't work....GRRRRR
    Alastair Scott

openSUSE LEAP