Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Google earth install

Default Re: Google earth install

Quote Originally Posted by martin_helm View Post
    consused wrote:

>
    > BTW your last post didn't appear here until about a half-hour after the
    > time stamp of the post. Hmm that's slow.
    >

I noticed that there seems to be a delay in the synchronisation between the
    nntp and the web interface (not only today).
    Yes, I knew about the regular delay, but thought it was only 10-15 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by hank_se View Post
    Consused you might try this:
    On june 6 1944 every american officer had a copy op the 1939 Michelin Guide, gives you an impression how good it is!

If you go to this location in Googleearth I'll go out waving on my balcony, no it's too dark:

" 5913'16.15"N 18 8'38.00"E"
    Michelin Guides/Maps are excellent. I used them some years ago for a holiday in France (Dordogne). Their maps are similar to our Ordnance Survey Maps. I hadn't tried the Michelin site, will give it a go.

Can't see your balcony, but your car park looks empty, and where is the snow?

I'd like to point out that there are 2 different sets of 32 bit libraries. one is for 32 bit OS the other is for running 32 bit on 64 bit os. The pattern is for the 32 bit os I believe. You want the package(s) that have -32 in their names to compliment the installed 64 bit packages. I don't believe there is a pattern for that.

Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp View Post
    I'd like to point out that there are 2 different sets of 32 bit libraries. one is for 32 bit OS the other is for running 32 bit on 64 bit os. The pattern is for the 32 bit os I believe. You want the package(s) that have -32 in their names to compliment the installed 64 bit packages. I don't believe there is a pattern for that.
    You raise an interesting point. I'm not sure I understand as to why a 32 bit OS pattern would be included in the 64bit version, unless it was just a default selection of "32 bit on 64 bit". Are you saying that those packages contain different versions from the individual "-32 named" ones?

martin_helm wrote:
    > I noticed that there seems to be a delay in the synchronisation between the
    > nntp and the web interface (not only today). This makes it sometimes
    > difficult to follow a thread in the right order. I also see the posts made
    > by web users appear late in nntp.

there was a time (not so long ago) that the 'gateway' sent the
    messages from the nntp side (and vice versa) every ten minutes..

now it does it every 30 minutes (except for when it doesn't do it at
    all)...

--
    DenverD
    CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD [posted via NNTP w/openSUSE 10.3]

Quote Originally Posted by consused
    You raise an interesting point. I'm not sure I understand as to why a 32 bit OS pattern would be included in the 64bit version, unless it was just a default selection of "32 bit on 64 bit". Are you saying that those packages contain different versions from the individual "-32 named" ones?
    I note that since installing Mesa-32bit as a single package yesterday, that same package is present and now ticked in the 32bit Pattern (several others were already ticked there). That would suggest (but not confirmed here) that there is only one set of 32 bit libraries.

If you install a 32 OS the packages will not have 32 in the names and those packages will not work on a 64 bit OS. You need to install the -32 package to get 32 on 64. There is a difference in the way they are compiled to work in 64bit environment.

If you install a 32 OS the packages will not have 32 in the names and those packages will not work on a 64 bit OS. You need to install the -32 package to get 32 on 64. There is a difference in the way they are compiled to work in 64bit environment.
    Indeed. I knew that, but you posted earlier:
    Quote Originally Posted by gogalthorp
    The pattern is for the 32 bit os I believe.
    The only pattern mentioned prior to your post was from hank_se: "ever since I switched to 64-bit I've always included the 32-bit runtime environment pattern in the install". The pattern under discussion was NOT for the 32bit OS, and that is what I was trying to correct.

The "32-bit runtime environment pattern" is installed by default on my 64bit OS and appropriately its packages have 32 in the names.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234