Thread: Is it possible to upgrade from stock version 2.3 to current 2.32 using YAST?

Default Is it possible to upgrade from stock version 2.3 to current 2.32 using YAST?

Is it possible to upgrade from stock version 2.3 to current 2.32 using YAST? I can see 2.32 when using a browser to look at the repository, but when I enter the repository as a software source in YAST, it does not show up in YAST. What steps am I missing?

Can I use YAST, or should I just download the RPMs and go from there by hand?

Default Re: Is it possible to upgrade from stock version 2.3 to current 2.32using YAST?

On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 11:36:02 +0530, portsample
    <portsample@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

>
    > Is it possible to upgrade from stock version 2.3 to current 2.32 using
    > YAST? I can see 2.32 when using a browser to look at the repository, but
    > when I enter the repository as a software source in YAST, it does not
    > show up in YAST. What steps am I missing?
    >
    > Can I use YAST, or should I just download the RPMs and go from there by
    > hand?
    >

i have no idea what you're talking about, ver. 2.3 of what, but generally
    in yast, in the lower part that normally shows "description," you can also
    see the different versions available, by clicking on the tab that says
    "versions." (surprise, surprise). in there you can choose which version to
    install, if more than one are available in any of your enabled
    repositories.

--
    phani.

Default Re: Is it possible to upgrade from stock version 2.3 to current 2.32 using YAST?

Quote Originally Posted by portsample View Post
    Is it possible to upgrade from stock version 2.3 to current 2.32 using YAST? I can see 2.32 when using a browser to look at the repository, but when I enter the repository as a software source in YAST, it does not show up in YAST. What steps am I missing?

Can I use YAST, or should I just download the RPMs and go from there by hand?
    Are you talking about GNOME?
    Desktop: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 - Core i7 7700K - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8770W - Core i7 3940XM - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE

Default Re: Is it possible to upgrade from stock version 2.3 to current 2.32 using YAST?

Sorry, Evolution 2.3.

Is it possible to upgrade w/YAST from the stock v2.3 Evolution that shipped w/Suse 11.3 to the current stable version (2.32) ? I can see Evolution 2.32 in the 64-bit repository here:download.opensuse.org/ repositories/GNOME:/STABLE:/2.32/ openSUSE_11.3/ and I've successfully added this site to my YAST repository, but I'm not seeing 2.32 in YAST.

Blog Entries

I would not just upgrade Evolution. It's part of the Gnome desktop environment. Better take care that you upgrade all Gnome packages to 2.32. Here's how:

Start the software installer
    Select the repo view
    Select the 2.32 repo
    Click "Switch system packages ....."
    Accept,
    Logout. login
    Done.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

I would suggest the same thing as well. If you want Evolution 2.32 then install GNOME 2.32.
    Desktop: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 - Core i7 7700K - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8770W - Core i7 3940XM - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE

Thanks for the informative reply.

One more question- I am downloading the current stable version of Gnome including Evolution 2.32. I live in a remote location with limited bandwidth, this download is going to take 2+ days. Are these update files stored locally on the downloading machine after YAST installs them? Where? I assume a temp file somewhere. I have several other machines that I'd like to update as well. What is the best way to do this if these files are available locally?