Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there support for Apple Quicktime's H.264 decoder, and MPEG-4 AAC decoder?

Default Is there support for Apple Quicktime's H.264 decoder, and MPEG-4 AAC decoder?

Hello all,

I tried to install the H.264 decoder and MPEG=4 AAC, by going to Install/Remove software in openSUSE 11.3 and found h264enc - H.264/MPEG-4 Encoder Frontend,

I installed it but nothing seemed to happen when it comes to viewing Quicktime movies. I also noticed that when I right-click on the Quicktime screen, it gives me the option to play the video using Banshee. I then launch it and I doeble click on the video that is listed, the banshee logo flashes and nothing happens. Can someone tell me a way to resolve this, is there a way to resolve it.

Best Regards,

freesparks

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Is there support for Apple Quicktime's H.264 decoder, and MPEG-4 AAC decoder?

So before you do anything else, you should read the following thread and do not go crazy adding in a bunch of files that look right to you.

Multi-media and Restricted Format Installation Guide

The repositories that you need to have added to your setup will be located here:

Additional package repositories - openSUSE

Once you get your setup working properly, you can double check using my mmcheck script located here:

MMCHECK - Check Your Multimedia in 10 Steps - Script File, as proposed by RedDwarf

If after you have looked and worked with all of this above you still have a problem, then let us know.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Blog Entries

Default Re: Is there support for Apple Quicktime's H.264 decoder, and MPEG-4 AAC decoder?

Quote Originally Posted by freesparks View Post
    Hello all,

I tried to install the H.264 decoder and MPEG=4 AAC, by going to Install/Remove software in openSUSE 11.3 and found h264enc - H.264/MPEG-4 Encoder Frontend,

I installed it but nothing seemed to happen when it comes to viewing Quicktime movies. I also noticed that when I right-click on the Quicktime screen, it gives me the option to play the video using Banshee. I then launch it and I doeble click on the video that is listed, the banshee logo flashes and nothing happens. Can someone tell me a way to resolve this, is there a way to resolve it.

Best Regards,

freesparks
    I replied about this in another thread
    Can't Play Videos
    Leap 15_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Default Re: Is there support for Apple Quicktime's H.264 decoder, and MPEG-4 AAC decoder?

Hello all,

Yes I read your other thread, most unfortunate that openSUSE can't. As far as butchering Flash, that was my doing, and now i cannot get it to work, even after trying the the most recent mmcheck script, which was very impressive might I add. I'm at a loss and i know it's got to be something silly!! Thank you so much guys for your help and tutelage!!

Best Regards,

freesparks

Blog Entries

Are you 32 or 64 bit?
    Leap 15_KDE

I believe I'm on a 64 bit system, is there a code for the Terminal that can output whether or not I'm on 32 0r 64. I think I did something very foolish. I think I installed the 32 bit version of openSUSE 11.3 on a 64 bit system. I say this because under system monitor, under the system tab I see :
    Memory: 942.6 MiB

Processor0: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55
    Processor1: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-55
    Will this make a huge difference?

Best Regards,

freesparks

Blog Entries

Code:
    uname -a
    32bit would be fine, I was just thinking of some way to help you.
    Leap 15_KDE

Hello,

This is my output for uname -a:
    Linux linux-8qpz.site 2.6.34.7-0.4-default #1 SMP 2010-10-07 19:07:51 +0200 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux
    Best Regards,

freesparks

Blog Entries

You have installed 32 bit

Here is a file list of all my packman packages
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10573557/SUS...c/packman-list
    Leap 15_KDE

Blog Entries

Save the file
    Then right click open with kwrite in kde or gedit in gnome
    Leap 15_KDE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast