Thread: Kopete problem and keep crash..

Default Kopete problem and keep crash..

Hi

now I got a problem with kopete.. before this I'm using OpenSuSE 11.2 .. there are no problem at all...

after i do the the upgrade to 11.3 and there is one issue .. always crash after I put the status ONLINE..

What should I do?

a snapshot screen after I click ONLINE...

Thanks mate..

Regards
    e1

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Kopete problem and keep crash..

So anytime you do an upgrade of openSUSE from one version to another, there is a chance that not all installed packages were updated. In openSUSE 11.3, the KDE program is at 4.4.4. I would suggest that you make sure you have the repositories added for KDE 4.4. They can be found for addition in YaST / Software Repositories here:

KDE repositories - openSUSE

Then, open up YaST / Software Management and search on Kopete and make sure it is from the present KDE repositories. In fact, you can search on KDE, look at the versions tab, and make sure all of your loaded KDE applications come from the new repository.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: Kopete problem and keep crash..

Thanks James...

By the way.. I already know.. what happen actually...

When I try to use Facebook Plugins with Kopete .. it'll crash.. but for YM and Gtalk.. there is no problem at all..

I already upgrade the KOPETE with repo KDE 4.5 .. and still keep the same problem.. is this is a bug or what? .. ;-)

Regards
    e1

Blog Entries

If it were me I would delete all the kopete hidden config files and folders and re-start kopete and re-set it up.
    This assumes you have your repos in order and package switching is correct in the first place!?
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

On Sun, 24 Oct 2010 10:06:01 +0530, e-1 <e-1@no-mx.forums.opensuse.org> wrote:

> When I try to use Facebook Plugins with Kopete .. it'll crash.. but for
    > YM and Gtalk.. there is no problem at all..

i remember that from earlier, a while ago. i tried to use FB-chat with kopete, but it would crash. after some trying & googling i removed the plugin and didn't have any problems with kopete or FB since--but in separate app.s.

far as i remember, the kopete FB plugin doesn't come in any of the standard repos, only in somebody's OBS, right?

--
    phani.