Thread: KDE 4.4.4 HelpCenter Application Manuals isn't initialized

Blog Entries

Question KDE 4.4.4 HelpCenter Application Manuals isn't initialized

When KDE Helpcenter is invoked, the Application Manuals and UNIX manual pages seem to be properly initialized, but the OpenSuSE Documentation database isn't.

Error
    Code:
    Unable to read word database file '/home/tony/.kde4/share/apps/khelpcenter/index//opensuse-manuals_en.words.db'
    Did you run htdig?
    Running htdig with default parameters doesn't return anything.
    I assume that the button in the bottom left of KDE HelpCenter which reads "Build Search Index" is supposed to run htdig with special parameters.

Re-indexing specifically the OpenSuSE Manual db is successful returning the following

Code:
    ogressSignal: IndexBuilder::sendProgressSignal()
    (6455) KHC::IndexBuilder::processCmdQueue: IndexBuilder::processCmdQueue() (6455) KHC::IndexBuilder::quit: IndexBuilder::quit()
    But, when I view the specified location, the file is still missing, the only files related to the OpenSuSE Manual are

Code:
    opensuse-manuals_en.docdb
    opensuse-manuals_en.docs.index
    opensuse-manuals_en.excerpts
    opensuse-manuals_en.exists
    I suppose this is a bug?
    (Am going to post separately why my machine can't report bugs)

Or maybe I should try something else? I've already tried updating/re-installing the package containing KDE Helpcenter.

Tony

Default Re: KDE 4.4.4 HelpCenter Application Manuals isn't initialized

I've been searching for a solution for this for awhile now. I hope someone can clarify what we may be doing wrong.
    "Making rich people richer doesn't make the rest of us richer."
    Ha-Joon Chang

openSUSE 15.0 4.12.14-lp150.12.45-default x64

Blog Entries

Default Re: KDE 4.4.4 HelpCenter Application Manuals isn't initialized

Quote Originally Posted by kerijan2003 View Post
    I've been searching for a solution for this for awhile now. I hope someone can clarify what we may be doing wrong.
    IMO it's a scripting error, but where the KHelpCenter htdig config file is so that it might be modified I do not know. I expect that since the "words.db" file is created for the KDE manuals, it shouldn't be difficult to figure out how to generate a similar file for the OpenSuSE manuals.

But, thx for at least verifying that it's not my imagination that this could be a problem specific to me.

Tony