How to remove kde 4.4 completely?

I installed kde 4.4 from openSUSE 11.3 livecd.
Now i want to remove it completely.
What’s the command to remove kde 4.4 completely without the xorg.

zypper remove ?

colao, so can we assume you have converted to gnome or some other desktop which is why you wish to remove KDE? It is my basic view that by having more than one desktop installed, you are permitted to run programs intended on one desktop while running another, which can be a good thing. Even better is to have added desktop options should you mange to mess up the one you normally use.

When you run YaST / Software Management / View / Patterns: As you select the different KDE patterns, this shows you the files that belong to say KDE base and you could then start to delete each program. However, I do not recommend you doing such a thing, but rather stop using KDE, but having it there in a case of need or should you change your mind later. You just don’t know what problems you might cause by its removal.

If I was set against having KDE installed, I would most likely reinstall openSUSE 11.3 and select Gnome and not install KDE in the first place. This would be a lot safer way to go in my opinion.

Thank You,

openbox is installed.

Trying to remove it is really fiddly - I’m not saying it can’t be done, but it’s not as simple as going to the Patterns and selecting the kde4-base and desktop to be removed. If it were me and my mind insisted on such a procedure - I would re-install. But openbox is not to my knowledge a stand alone install. There should be no reason why you can’t run openbox with kde installed.

You can try to remove the kde4 pattern with YaST or zypper, but you might need parts of it for other application or dependencies might pull it in later. So if you are not in danger of running out of disk space, there is no need to remove it.

I have never tried it, but this might work for what you want to do:

zypper remove -t pattern kde4

Read carefully what it tries to remove and check again.