Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: List applications?

Default List applications?

Is there a way to list all the apps I have installed?

Tumbleweed/KDE/Ati Radeon R9 270/AMD FX-6300/8Gb DDR3

Blog Entries

Default Re: List applications?

Not AFAIK. It would be possible to save a list of installed packages, but that would not show applications installed through other means, like google-earth.
    ° Appreciate my reply? Click the star and let me know why.

° Perfection is not gonna happen. No way.

https://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Board#Members
    http://en.opensuse.org/User:Knurpht
    http://nl.opensuse.org/Gebruiker:Knurpht

To list all installed packages:
    Code:
    zypper search -is | less
    Or
    Code:
    rpm -qa | less
    Desktop: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 - Core i7 7700K - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8770W - Core i7 3940XM - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE

Hmm, before I do my fresh install I would like a list so I know what to reinstall afterwards..
    I groped blindly around and came up with:
    rpm -qa | sort > Documents/rpmlist

Most of the results I don't recognise, but I guess it will have to do.....

Quote Originally Posted by ah7013 View Post
    To list all installed packages:
    Code:
    zypper search -is | less
    Or
    Code:
    rpm -qa | less
    TY for this,
    zypper search -is
    does the job...
    I think...

First of all, this is implemented in YaST's software installation module ("Export" IIRC, not difficult to find).

Secondly, this here

Quote Originally Posted by wakou View Post
    is the right idea but has some problems.

1) You get every package in one line so for example a "zypper install $(cat rpmlist)" will not work.

2) This will include gpg-keys which can not be installed in that way as there is no package called gpg-pubkey-*whatever*

3) The exact versions/releases are included, not too good if you want to have that list for different "states" of your install (different versions, one has had its online updates already, the other one doesn't or even the fun one, you have packages which don't exist any more in that version, yes this can happen frequently).

I don't want to throw a "ready made" solution at you, but as a hint, read the section about "--queryformat" in "man rpm", think about "grep" to get rid of gpg-pubkeys and think about "tr" to change linebreaks/newlines into spaces.

Blog Entries

1) You get every package in one line so for example a "zypper install $(cat rpmlist)" will not work.
    Do you mean to write you get one package per line? But in fact interpolating newline separated output with $(cat rpmlist) will work because newline is a legal argument separator in the shell (see $IFS in man bash), it's just that when typed in it becomes a command terminator. To demonstrate this to yourself, do:

Code:
    ls -d $(ls -1)
    That's a one, not an ell in the $(ls -1) to get one line per file or directory.

However zypper install $(cat rpmlist) will fail for other reasons that you have stated.

When you say "not difficult to find" you must remember that blindly bashing about can lead to a lot of places, few of which are the desired destinations. It is not "intuitive" if someone wants a list of installed packages to open yast, select "software management", then go "file" and "export".
    Besides, if I do, I get this:

Code:
    Connecting to deprecated signal QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
    kbuildsycoca4 running...
    kbuildsycoca4(8022)/kdecore (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca4"
    kbuildsycoca4(8022) kdemain: Emitting notifyDatabaseChanged ()
    klauncher(8016)/kdecore (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca4"
    kded(8019)/kdecore (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca4"
    kio_trash(8026)/kdecore (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca4"
    knotify(8034)/kdecore (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca4"
    kded(8019): registerObject() successful for  "phononserver"
    kbuildsycoca4 running...
    (8050)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The desktop entry file  "/usr/share/applications/kde4/koffice.desktop"  has Type= "Application"  but no Exec line 

(8050)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/YaST2/tv.desktop" has Type= "Application" but also has a X-KDE-Library key. This works for now, but makes user-preference handling difficult, so support for this might be removed at some point. Consider splitting it into two desktop files. 
    (8050)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/YaST2/sound.desktop" has Type= "Application" but also has a X-KDE-Library key. This works for now, but makes user-preference handling difficult, so support for this might be removed at some point. Consider splitting it into two desktop files. 
    (8050)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The desktop entry file "/usr/share/applications/YaST2/joystick.desktop" has Type= "Application" but also has a X-KDE-Library key. This works for now, but makes user-preference handling difficult, so support for this might be removed at some point. Consider splitting it into two desktop files. 
    (8050)/kdecore (services) KServicePrivate::init: The desktop entry file  "/usr/share/applications/YaST2/groups/apparmor.desktop"  has Type= "Application"  but no Exec line 

(8050) parseLayoutNode: The menu spec file contains a Layout or DefaultLayout tag without the mandatory Merge tag inside. Please fix your file. 
    kded(8019)/kdecore (KSycoca): Trying to open ksycoca from  "/var/tmp/kdecache-root/ksycoca4"
    YaST got signal 11 at YCP file /usr/share/YaST2/clients/sw_single.ycp:657
    /sbin/yast2: line 454:  7909 Segmentation fault      $ybindir/y2base $module "$@" "$SELECTED_GUI" $Y2_GEOMETRY $Y2UI_ARGS
    Which does not mean a lot to me ATM
    Ty for the tips though

Quote Originally Posted by wakou View Post
    Is there a way to list all the apps I have installed?
    Try
    Code:
    rpm -qa

TY Colao, but above I mentioned:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast