Thread: VLC Player as default or MMS codec support in Totem player in Gnome?

Default VLC Player as default or MMS codec support in Totem player in Gnome?

Hi
    New to linux and OpenSuse 11.3. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to make VLC the default Player?
    If that is not possible where do I find the MMS support for Windows media feeds using Totem player. AS it is now if I click on a Window media stream Totem Player automatically opens then a message say that MMS is not installed do I want to search for one. I click Search and it does not find it.
    Either one or both please help me out. Really appreciated it.
    Thanks.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: VLC Player as default or MMS codec support in Totem player in Gnome?

neftv, I see that you are new here in the forums and so welcome to the openSUSE forums and welcome to Linux. Since you are new, I am going to highly recommend you look through the following links and pay close attention to the restricted format thread.

New User How To/FAQ (read only)

Further, once you have the right software installed, you can make a 10-step check of your multimedia using the following script:

MMCHECK - Check Your Multimedia in 10 Steps - Script File, as proposed by RedDwarf

After all of this reading if you still have an issue, please let us know.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas