Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: slab menu

  1. #1

    Talking slab menu

    How i can change the slab menu label? I don't like the label saying 'computer' because doesn't make any sense to me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: slab menu

    Dracirate wrote:
    > How i can change the slab menu label? I don't like the label saying
    > 'computer' because doesn't make any sense to me.


    what operating system, version and desktop environment are you using.

    --
    DenverD
    When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
    CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD [posted via NNTP w/openSUSE 10.3]

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,640
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: slab menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverD
    Dracirate wrote:
    > How i can change the slab menu label? I don't like the label saying
    > 'computer' because doesn't make any sense to me.


    what operating system, version and desktop environment are you using.

    Hi
    You need to edit the file called slab-window.glade
    in /usr/share/gnome-main-menu, this should work;
    Code:
    sudo sed -i 's/Computer/YOUR_NAME/g' /usr/share/gnome-main-menu/slab-window.glade
    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.23-0.3-default
    up 1:25, 2 users, load average: 0.18, 0.16, 0.12
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 260.19.06


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Earth - Denmark
    Posts
    10,730

    Default Re: slab menu

    good job Malcolm! i'm impressed!

    --
    DenverD
    When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.
    CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD [posted via NNTP w/openSUSE 10.3]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,640
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: slab menu

    Quote Originally Posted by DenverD
    good job Malcolm! i'm impressed!
    LOL...well at least no one asked 'Is there a GUI for that'!!

    Oh, i guess I should have added, you can either logout/login or
    right-click and deleted the 'Main Menu' and the right-click on the
    panel and re-add the 'Main Menu' to make the change.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.23-0.3-default
    up 3:26, 2 users, load average: 0.03, 0.03, 0.00
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 260.19.06


  6. #6

    Default Re: slab menu

    Work perfect Thanks

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Podunk
    Posts
    26,640
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: slab menu

    Quote Originally Posted by Dracirate
    Work perfect Thanks
    Hi
    Your welcome Just remember if you wish to change it you would need
    to use the current name instead of Computer. Second, if the slab menu
    gets updated, you would need to probably run it again.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.23-0.3-default
    up 10:34, 5 users, load average: 0.04, 0.11, 0.09
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 260.19.06


  8. #8

    Default Re: slab menu

    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmlewis View Post
    Hi
    Your welcome Just remember if you wish to change it you would need
    to use the current name instead of Computer. Second, if the slab menu
    gets updated, you would need to probably run it again.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm (Linux Counter #276890)
    SUSE Linux Enterprise Desktop 11 (x86_64) Kernel 2.6.32.23-0.3-default
    up 10:34, 5 users, load average: 0.04, 0.11, 0.09
    GPU GeForce 8600 GTS Silent - Driver Version: 260.19.06
    Thanks for the advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •