Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kontact at Startup

Default Kontact at Startup

Kontact automatically starts when I start up my computer. I can't find the setting for this. How can I change it?

Default Re: Kontact at Startup

Open Kontact (Default KDE Component) and unclick "Always start with plugin"!

or try ctrl-q to kill kontact and not just minimise it to the system tray.

The "always start with..." is not checked. Does pressing the "x" not quit the program? I have to to ctrl-q? If that's the case, then that's definitely why it was coming back up when I started. Thanks.

that's right, x minimises to the system tray.

by default kde will try and re-establish your previous session, obviously non-kde apps are not supported and not all kde apps are compliant.

btw you can change this behaviour by going into System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Session Management, the default for "On Login" is Restore previous session

hth

cheers
    aztrix

Quote Originally Posted by alexdbars View Post
    Open Kontact (Default KDE Component) and unclick "Always start with plugin"!
    I think this is a different thing. To check that option doesn't make kontact to start kontact at start up of kde. It just establishes if kontact starts with kmail, korganizer...

MisterEwok,
    in my opinion the possibilities are two:
    - you have enabled Restore previous session. So, if you close your session with kontact opened, it will open again when you start a new session. To resolve this, do what aztrix says:
    btw you can change this behaviour by going into System Settings > Startup and Shutdown > Session Management, the default for "On Login" is Restore previous session
    - you have Startup enabled for kontact in System settings -> Startup and shutdown -> Autostart

Sorry for being such a newb. I don't see "System Settings" anywhere. And "Startup and Shutdown" are not in the yast admin settings. Where is system settings?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEwok View Post
    I don't see "System Settings" anywhere. And "Startup and Shutdown" are not in the yast admin settings. Where is system settings?
    In my menu is called Personal settings. Anyway, if don't find it, just write in a terminal (konsole for instance)
    Code:
    systemsettings
    and you'll have it.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterEwok View Post
    Sorry for being such a newb.
    Don't worry. All of us had to learn. For my part I still have many easy things to learn.

Thanks a lot (for the help as well as the encouragement). Just for the record on this thread, I found both the "Session Manager" and "Autostart" settings in "Personal Settings" under the "advanced" tab.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast