Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problems I have run into while configuring openSuSE 11.3 installed on Toshiba Satellite Pro

Default Problems I have run into while configuring openSuSE 11.3 installed on Toshiba Satellite Pro

Since the installation of openSuSE 11.3 I've been trying to configure the system to my liking. Here are a few problems I have run into:

1. The sound capture device (microphone) does not work (either in Skype or krecord).

2. The Hotkeys (Fn-Keys) of my computer do not work under Linux (e.g., I cannot turn up and down the sound volume or the screen brightness, etc) while they do under Windows 7.

3. While trying to configure my Desktops, the configuration tool crushes with the message: "Executable: systemsetting PID: 16183 Signal: 11 (Segmentation fault)".

4. When I try to configure my console and apply transparent windows I get the message: "your desktop does not appear to support transparent windows".

Any thoughts or ideas to help me solve them will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Problems I have run into while configuring openSuSE 11.3 installed on Toshiba Satellite Pro

1. Open the mixer >> HeadPhone
    2. Weird, it does work here (Dell)
    4. Enable Desktop Effects

Default Re: Problems I have run into while configuring openSuSE 11.3 installed on Toshiba Satellite Pro

For problem #2 try going into a terminal and type xev then press enter. Now try pressing your hot keys. Does any additional output come out from the terminal when you press the keys?
    Desktop: Gigabyte GA-Z270-HD3 - Core i7 7700K - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE
    Laptop: HP EliteBook 8770W - Core i7 3940XM - openSUSE Leap 42.2 KDE

Quote Originally Posted by ah7013 View Post
    For problem #2 try going into a terminal and type xev then press enter. Now try pressing your hot keys. Does any additional output come out from the terminal when you press the keys?
    It gives:

KeyRelease event, serial 34, synthetic NO, window 0x3400001,
    root 0xe2, subw 0x0, time 19966685, (-270,424), root321,447),
    state 0x10, keycode 13 (keysym 0x34, 4), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (34) "4"
    XFilterEvent returns: False

Quote Originally Posted by alexdbars View Post
    1. Open the mixer >> HeadPhone
    4. Enable Desktop Effects
    Nope, neither worked...

How about Open the mixer (kmix in console) and add microphone? Maybe you need to unmute the microphone?

Quote Originally Posted by giavvns View Post
    It gives:

KeyRelease event, serial 34, synthetic NO, window 0x3400001,
    root 0xe2, subw 0x0, time 19966685, (-270,424), root321,447),
    state 0x10, keycode 13 (keysym 0x34, 4), same_screen YES,
    XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (34) "4"
    XFilterEvent returns: False
    If it gives this output when you press the hotkeys then that means that openSUSE is recognizing that it is being pressed you just need to configure the settings so when you press the hotkey it will do that action

If it gives this output when you press the hotkeys then that means that openSUSE is recognizing that it is being pressed you just need to configure the settings so when you press the hotkey it will do that action
    And how do I do that?

Quote Originally Posted by giavvns View Post
    And how do I do that?
    What Desktop Enviornment are you using? e.g. KDE or GNOME

What Desktop Enviornment are you using? e.g. KDE or GNOME
    It'a a KDE Desktop.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast