Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Repository error - oss source

  1. #1

    Default Repository error - oss source

    I ran zypper up yesterday and out of the blue it returned the following error:
    Code:
    File '/content' not found on medium 'http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/11.3/repo/oss/'
    
    Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i/?] (a): a
    Problem retrieving files from 'openSUSE-11.3-Source'.
     [AbstractCommand.cc:224] URI=http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/11.3/repo/oss/content
    Please see the above error message for a hint.
    Warning: Disabling repository 'openSUSE-11.3-Source' because of the above error.
    Where did that repo go? It's been working fine for ages.

    I don't understand why them make changes like this - once its set it should be left alone for the duration. How's one supposed to keep an up to date system when they jerk the rug out from under you?

    TIA.

  2. #2

    Default Re: Repository error - oss source

    Hello Kevin_Miller,

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Miller
    Where did that repo go? It's been working fine for ages.

    I don't understand why them make changes like this - once its set it should be left alone for the duration. How's one supposed to keep an up to date system when they jerk the rug out from under you?
    I also don't know what/why it happened.
    There are a few more threads about this problem:


    The solution is simple, just change that repo to:
    Index of /source/11.3/repo/oss

    Good luck!
    Where did I put my coffee cup?
    dir -R /home/* | grep "coffee cup"

  3. #3

    Default Re: Repository error - oss source

    Perfect, thanks. Worked a treat.

  4. #4
    Carlos E. R. NNTP User

    Default Re: Repository error - oss source

    On 2010-10-02 07:06, Kevin Miller wrote:
    >
    > I ran zypper up yesterday and out of the blue it returned the following
    > error:
    >
    > Code:
    > --------------------
    > File '/content' not found on medium 'http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/11.3/repo/oss/'
    >
    > Abort, retry, ignore? [a/r/i/?] (a): a
    > Problem retrieving files from 'openSUSE-11.3-Source'.
    > [AbstractCommand.cc:224] URI=http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/11.3/repo/oss/content
    > Please see the above error message for a hint.
    > Warning: Disabling repository 'openSUSE-11.3-Source' because of the above error.
    >
    > --------------------
    >
    >
    > Where did that repo go? It's been working fine for ages.
    >
    > I don't understand why them make changes like this - once its set it
    > should be left alone for the duration. How's one supposed to keep an up
    > to date system when they jerk the rug out from under you?


    This "BUG" has been repaired, the old address is again active, and the new is not.


    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)

  5. #5

    Default Re: Repository error - oss source

    Thanks Carlos. Sure enough, I "fixed" it yesterday and now it's broken again so I just rolled back the change.

    For the convenience of others, do:
    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    zypper rr 6
    zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/source/distribution/11.3/repo/oss/ openSUSE-11.3-Source
    Note that my source repo was number six in my list. Replace the 6 in the example above with the number of the source repo in your list.

  6. #6
    Carlos E. R. NNTP User

    Default Re: Repository error - oss source

    On 2010-10-03 00:06, Kevin Miller wrote:

    > Code:
    > --------------------
    >
    > zypper lr -d
    > zypper rr 6
    > zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/source/...11.3/repo/oss/ openSUSE-11.3-Source


    Notice that this also enables the repo - the default setup that everybody has, leaves the repo not
    enabled, refresh.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" at Telcontar)

  7. #7
    Kevin Miller NNTP User

    Default Re: Repository error - oss source

    On 10/02/2010 03:47 PM, Carlos E. R. wrote:
    > On 2010-10-03 00:06, Kevin Miller wrote:
    >
    >> Code:
    >> --------------------
    >>
    >> zypper lr -d
    >> zypper rr 6
    >> zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/source/...11.3/repo/oss/ openSUSE-11.3-Source

    >
    > Notice that this also enables the repo - the default setup that everybody has, leaves the repo not
    > enabled, refresh.


    Good catch. Mine's enabled, IIRC, because I needed to compile the
    VirtualBox kernel module (didn't use the RPM). But for most it's unneeded.

    Thanks again Carlos...

    --
    Kevin Miller - http://www.alaska.net/~atftb
    Juneau, Alaska
    In a recent survey, 7 out of 10 hard drives preferred Linux
    Registered Linux User No: 307357, http://counter.li.org

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •