Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: zypper warning message for the packman repo "NO KEY"

Question zypper warning message for the packman repo "NO KEY"

Hey guys,

been noticing this error when tryiing to iinstall any package from the packman repo:

(Running suse 11.3_x64)

"Header V3 DSA/SHA1 Signature, key ID 9a795806: NOKEY" (of course heach ID is different according to each lib)

my /repos.d/ look like this:

linux-l0y2:/etc/zypp/repos.d # ls -l
    total 32
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 187 Sep 25 19:28 Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82.repo
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 156 Sep 25 19:28 VirtualBox.repo
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 144 Sep 30 22:07 openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82.repo
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 122 Sep 25 19:31 packman.repo
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 166 Sep 25 19:28 repo-debug.repo
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 168 Sep 25 19:28 repo-non-oss.repo
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 156 Sep 25 19:28 repo-oss.repo
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 169 Sep 30 22:04 repo-source.repo

packman.repo has the following config:

name=packman
    enabled=1
    autorefresh=1
    baseurl=http://packman.unixheads.com/suse/11.3/
    type=rpm-md
    keeppackages=0

here is the output from refreshing the repos:

linux-l0y2:/etc/zypp/repos.d # zypper ref -f
    Forcing raw metadata refresh
    Retrieving repository 'Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82' metadata [done]
    Forcing building of repository cache
    Building repository 'Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82' cache [done]
    Retrieving repository 'packman' metadata [done]
    Building repository 'packman' cache [done]
    Retrieving repository 'openSUSE-11.3-Non-Oss' metadata [done]
    Building repository 'openSUSE-11.3-Non-Oss' cache [done]
    Retrieving repository 'openSUSE-11.3-Oss' metadata [done]
    Building repository 'openSUSE-11.3-Oss' cache [done]
    All repositories have been refreshed.
    linux-l0y2:/etc/zypp/repos.d #

output for lr -d:

linux-l0y2:/etc/zypp/repos.d # zypper lr -d
    # | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service
    --+-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+-----------------------------------------------------------------+--------
    1 | Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82 | Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.3 |
    2 | VirtualBox | VirtualBox | No | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /virtualbox/rpm/opensuse/11.3/ |
    3 | openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82 | openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82 | No | No | 99 | yast2 | cd:///?devices=/dev/sr0 |
    4 | packman | packman | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /suse/11.3 |
    5 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.3-Debug | No | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /debug/distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
    6 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.3-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/non-oss |
    7 | repo-oss | openSUSE-11.3-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
    8 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.3-Source | No | Yes | 99 | yast2 | http://download.opensuse.org/source/...11.3/repo/oss/ |
    linux-l0y2:/etc/zypp/repos.d #

btw, should i enable the source repo?

Any help would be appreciated!

in this case i was trying to install VLC player, but i also have been noticing for a couple of days that there are no updates available, none which i found very odd, i got other machines and they all did some updates today with security fixes (ubuntu 10.04)

Default Re: zypper warning message for the packman repo "NO KEY"

Try a non Unixheads packman mirror. Unixheads are shutting down.

Only enable source repo if you have need of it.

thank you for the tip, i noticed that on their main link they are stating that they are going down.

you think ill be good with this one? which one you use?

--------
    [Packman]
    name=Packman repository (openSUSE_11.3)
    type=rpm-md
    baseurl=http://packman.inode.at/suse/11.3
    gpgcheck=1
    gpgkey=http://packman.inode.at/suse/11.3/repodata/repomd.xml.key
    enabled=1
    --------

considering im runnin g opensuse_x64, should point packman.repo file to "packman.jacobs-university.de/suse/11.3/x86_64/" or just "packman.jacobs-university.de/suse/11.3"?

another thing, iv notice i haven't got any updates available in about 4 days now, can anyone confirm that you guys are not having updates in this time to? i feel soomething is wrong with my update config.

> considering im runnin g opensuse_x64, should point packman.repo file to "packman.jacobs-university.de/suse/11.3/x86_64/" or just "packman.jacobs-university.de/suse/11.3"?

stop at 11.3

> zypper warning message for the packman repo "NO KEY"

Have you installed the package rpmkey-packman?

right now im having this message which i never saw before:

nuno@linux-l0y2:~> sudo zypper up
    root's password:
    Retrieving repository 'Packman repository (openSUSE_11.3)' metadata [done]
    Building repository 'Packman repository (openSUSE_11.3)' cache [done]
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...

The following package updates will NOT be installed: ----> (i never saw this kind of message saying that WILL NOT BE INSTALLED)
    gstreamer-0_10 gstreamer-0_10-plugin-gnomevfs gstreamer-0_10-plugin-hal gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
    gstreamer-0_10-utils gstreamer-utils libgstapp-0_10-0 libgstbasevideo-0_10-0 libgstinterfaces-0_10-0 libgstphotography-0_10-0 libgstreamer-0_10-0
    libgstreamer-0_10-0-32bit libgstsignalprocessor-0_10-0 libktoblzcheck1 libofx4 libsndfile libwavpack1 mjpegtools python-gstreamer-0_10 taglib transmission-gtk

The following packages are going to be upgraded:
    libavcodec52 libavformat52 libavutil50 libpostproc51 libswscale0

5 packages to upgrade.
    Overall download size: 2.3 MiB. No additional space will be used or freed after the operation.
    Continue? [y/n/?] (y): n

what does this mean? btw, do i have to point in the url of the packman repo to the /x64/ directory? im running a x64 machine?!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom74 View Post
    right now im having this message which i never saw before:

nuno@linux-l0y2:~> sudo zypper up
    root's password:
    Retrieving repository 'Packman repository (openSUSE_11.3)' metadata [done]
    Building repository 'Packman repository (openSUSE_11.3)' cache [done]
    Loading repository data...
    Reading installed packages...

The following package updates will NOT be installed: ----> (i never saw this kind of message saying that WILL NOT BE INSTALLED)
    gstreamer-0_10 gstreamer-0_10-plugin-gnomevfs gstreamer-0_10-plugin-hal gstreamer-0_10-plugins-bad gstreamer-0_10-plugins-base gstreamer-0_10-plugins-good
    gstreamer-0_10-utils gstreamer-utils libgstapp-0_10-0 libgstbasevideo-0_10-0 libgstinterfaces-0_10-0 libgstphotography-0_10-0 libgstreamer-0_10-0
    libgstreamer-0_10-0-32bit libgstsignalprocessor-0_10-0 libktoblzcheck1 libofx4 libsndfile libwavpack1 mjpegtools python-gstreamer-0_10 taglib transmission-gtk

The following packages are going to be upgraded:
    libavcodec52 libavformat52 libavutil50 libpostproc51 libswscale0

5 packages to upgrade.
    Overall download size: 2.3 MiB. No additional space will be used or freed after the operation.
    Continue? [y/n/?] (y): n

what does this mean? btw,
    do i have to point in the url of the packman repo to the /x64/ directory? im running a x64 machine?!
    My understanding is that it means that newer versions of those packages are available (at least with higher version numbers) in your defined repositories but that they won't be installed because those newer versions are from different repositories than your currently installed packages (i.e. a vendor change).

And no, do not point to the x64 directory. Stop at 11.3.

thanks for the help bud!

Quote Originally Posted by phantom74
    Quote Originally Posted by drab View Post
    ... it means that newer versions ... are available ... but that they won't be installed because those ... are from different repositories...
    This is "package management", or the "package manager" at work. Let me explain: In the old-days, a user was responsible for managing "dependencies". In other words, if a particular software "package", or application the user wished to install on a system, then-- and now, to a cetain degree-- it was necessary for the USER (vs. an intuitive software, such as "zypper") to ensure any software, other than the desired application itself, which is required for the desired application to run must be installed on the target system (i.e. a "dependency"). It is fortunate, however, we have "package managers" to take care of the sorting of dependencies for us.

In this particular example, the packages cited as "WILL NOT BE INSTALLED", are simply a set of packages which the Package Manager recognizes are incompatible with software installed on the system, currently. Not everyone's system will be the same. In other words, it is possible-- in theory, i suppose at least-- those available "updates"; those packages which "WILL NOT BE INSTALLED" on User-X's system, will in fact be installed on User-Y's system, because other software installed on User-Y's system is NOT in conflict with those updated packages.

Indeed, it is complicated, and maybe a bit confusing to newcomers to Linux. The concept of package management / dependencies is likely difficult to tackle for the distribution maintainers: should we write a tone of "man pages" warning users of "package management", or should we make a manager which is intuitive enough to handle every scenario; that the "newb" will not fumble, end-up with a compromised system, etc. when releasing a distribution designed to appear as a "click-n-go" easy-to-use, out-of-the-box deal-e-o...

...yo

:-)

EDIT: to clarify, the quoted reply is incorrect. The packages will not be installed because of package conflict. For all intents and purposes, we might argue that the issue of "...WILL NOT BE INSTALLED" is irrelevant to repositories. It doesn't matter where the packages are coming from: if the package manager recognizes a conflict, it will not allow the system to be compromised-- by default.
    Last edited by stanley_tweedle; 08-Jan-2011 at 22:04. Reason: clarification

Blog Entries

FYI
    There is still a considerable number of missing _64 packages at Packman, especially gstreamer.
    Don't update ATM
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast