Thread: Konqueror lost function

Default Konqueror lost function

When I right click on a file and the dialog box opens the option "move to" is now missing. How do I restore it?

Thanks.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Konqueror lost function

So can we assume you are trying to move files that belong to you or are located in your home area? I only say this since the Move To command is not present for files that belong to root unless you are using a File Manager as root. And, what version of KDE are you using?

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

Default Re: Konqueror lost function

Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    So can we assume you are trying to move files that belong to you or are located in your home area? I only say this since the Move To command is not present for files that belong to root unless you are using a File Manager as root. And, what version of KDE are you using?

Thank You,
    The files belong to me. They are in my home directory. KDE 4.4.4.

Blog Entries

Smile Re: Konqueror lost function

So what if you were to rename or remove the folder "~/.kde4/share/apps/konqueror", log out or restart KDE / openSUSE and let this folder be remade? I might close all applications and open up a terminal session:

Code:
    su -
    password:
    init 3
    login: as yourself
    password:
    rename ~/.kde4/share/apps/konqueror ~/.kde4/share/apps/konqueror.bak
    Ctrl-Alt-Del
    This will reset all file manager settings to like you just installed KDE for the first time and so you will need to redo many file display settings. You can wait for a better solution and try only if there is not a better one.

Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

Its James again from Austin, Texas

verify that in Konqueror's Settings>FileManagement>General>ContextMenu tab that the box is checked for "Show 'Copy To" etc,etc.

if it is then i'd agree that something is really amiss with the configuration files as has been mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by j_xavier View Post
    verify that in Konqueror's Settings>FileManagement>General>ContextMenu tab that the box is checked for "Show 'Copy To" etc,etc.

if it is then i'd agree that something is really amiss with the configuration files as has been mentioned.
    I tried this first since it's a simpler solution, and it worked. Thank you both for the help. But now I am wondering how the problem arose in the first place.