Option "Repair System" does not exist in openSUSE 11.3

Hello friends, I am new installing openSUSE and therefore need urgent repair an error.

I am new to the forum and wanted to introduce myself, but with this error that urges me to solve, I will then lol!

Turns out I downloaded the openSUSE 11.3 DVD Full and well, I see that in the boot options, I do not see the option “Repair System”, only:

"Install"
“Booting from Hard Disk”
“Verify installation media”
“Firmware Test”
"Test Hardware"

No more, and I see that everyone leaves the option, as in version 11.2, to ***“System Restore / Repair System”

Is there any way to get it?

I need to repair GRUB, as I appear, I had it in a logical partition and therefore I have GRUB errors, since the re-installation of windows and then deleting it, I thought of this.

• Any way to get this option by the Live CD or what?

• Is it a BUG in version 11.3?

Thanks for your help, is simple and basic, but I have not :’( do not know wh.

No repair any more.
Re-Install Grub Quickly with Parted Magic

Does this work with any other LiveCD, for example puppy linux also? Because of considering the environment i dont like to burn another cd for the case of the case.

You can use any live cd, assuming it has grub legacy

Well, let me explain.

I have 2 partitions, install openSUSE 11.3 first, as in other partition, / As Logica /, had installed the Windows 7. Delete the Windows 7 and wanted to install it, to retrieve some personal files and then install openSUSE there / It was the partition of more size /

It gives me error that the installation of Windows 7 and I installed the MBR or not, since the start, tells me that / NO HARD DRIVE / or the boot failure.

• GRUB does not read, does not read MBR. Do not read any of the 2. Try to install the GRUB in SUSE LIVE opensuse with a perfectly, I installed it, and still the same.

I think that has to do to change the logical partition Windows 7 primary, but that also the openSUSE partition primary or extended.

I would like to restore and maintain the openSUSE as primary, or primary ignition system.

1. **This can make it as? **

2. **Any specific tool? **

3. But if I update openSUSE, I automatically repairs it not?

4. O under openSUSE 11.2 and start the tool / repair / system?

I await your answers and help, because I’m looking to start the opensuse. But if you upgrade, I do. I just want to save time.

Thank you very much, Greetings!

As I understood it was dropped until openSUSE 11.3
as nobody volunteered to maintain and constantly readjust the YaST2 repair system / systemrepair to changes of the programs to be repaired:
[opensuse-factory] Any hero for yast2-repair?](http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-factory/2010-05/msg00407.html)
https://bugzilla.novell.com/show_bug.cgi?id=591832

Regards
pistazienfresser

(Hope I will not get slapped for only adding additional information and no really helping with real help in this subforum…:wink: )

I may not be so experienced but I read this posting ca. 5 times and I am still wondering, primely :
(1) Had you openSUSE 11.2 installed and working before you started the partition deleting thing?
(2) Did you completely delete the former windows partition (also on the partition table) or only the content of the partition?
(2a) Might the other patition just be named in an other way? (because of (2))
(3) Have you jet your data saved?

Regards
pistazienfresser

Either we have a language issue here or @ 1antares1 is having fun with us.

@ 1antares1 - What language do you naturally speak?
IP Info is:
Venezuela

I think his naturally language is Spanish. But i dont know how to speak that.

Please guys and girls, dont use the google translator to communicate! Google translator is for translating texts for your own language to understand texts written in other language.
But you cannot communicate with it, because the quality of the texts is awful.

On 2010-09-24 12:36, Pilgervater wrote:
>
> I think his naturally language is Spanish. But i dont know how to speak
> that.

I can… but I don’t understand a word of what he wrote. If he used an automated translator that
would be the reason. I would suggest 1antares1 to use the Spanish forum (not in this server) or mail
list instead.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” GM (Minas Tirith))

Si amigos, mi idioma nativo es el español. Pués, tuve la necesidad y la urgencia de publicar mi inconveniente acá, ya que soy usuario de “FOROsuse.org” (Foro oficial en español), pero como era de madrugada (Como ahora), tuve urgencia a la hora de resolver mi inconveniente y creo que ya todos andan durmiendo a ésta hora o la mayoría.

Y pués, la diferencia horaria de acá en Venezuela - Sudamérica, es todo lo contrario hacia otros continentes, como acá (Que la mayoría ahora, es de día).

Y si, casi siempre utilizo el traductor google, pero fue sólo por urgencia y se que éste traductor es para sacarnos de apuros para traducciones personales y no para la interacción entre personas de distintas lenguas nativas.

Pido disculpas y mi problema, lo que hice fue instalar openSUSE de 0, y me resolvió el inconveniente.

Ya no tendré más inconvenientes ya que sólo tengo openSUSE 11.3 y sin ningún otro “Sistema operativo Desconocido”. Estoy configurando completamente y luego comentaré mi experiencia, sea acá o en el Foro de Habla Hispana.

Gracias a todos por ayudarme, pués, también veo incómodo la comunicación entre lenguas, además de utilizar traductor que convierte palabras en códigos binarios y es dificil la traducción.

Saludos! :wink:

On 2010-09-25 08:36, 1antares1 wrote:

I’ll translate a bit for others. Not everything, that’s too long.

(traduzco por encima, no todo - eso lleva tiempo)

> Si amigos, mi idioma nativo es el español. Pués, tuve la necesidad y la
> urgencia de publicar mi inconveniente acá, ya que soy usuario de
> “FOROsuse.org” (Foro oficial en español), pero como era de madrugada
> (Como ahora), tuve urgencia a la hora de resolver mi inconveniente y
> creo que ya todos andan durmiendo a ésta hora o la mayoría.
>
> Y pués, la diferencia horaria de acá en Venezuela - Sudamérica, es todo
> lo contrario hacia otros continentes, como acá (Que la mayoría ahora, es
> de día).

Yes, his first language is Spanish, and he was in a hurry. So he wrote in the Spanish forum, and
getting no answer because of the hour, he also wrote here, using that google translator.

He asks for excuses.

> Y si, casi siempre utilizo el traductor google, pero fue sólo por
> urgencia y se que éste traductor es para sacarnos de apuros para
> traducciones personales y no para la interacción entre personas de
> distintas lenguas nativas.
>
> Pido disculpas y mi problema, lo que hice fue instalar openSUSE de 0, y
> me resolvió el inconveniente.

He has reinstalled from scratch, and it is working. 11.3, nothing else. Problem solved.

> Ya no tendré más inconvenientes ya que sólo tengo openSUSE 11.3 y sin
> ningún otro “Sistema operativo Desconocido”. Estoy configurando
> completamente y luego comentaré mi experiencia, sea acá o en el Foro de
> Habla Hispana.
>
> Gracias a todos por ayudarme, pués, también veo incómodo la
> comunicación entre lenguas, además de utilizar traductor que convierte
> palabras en códigos binarios y es dificil la traducción.

And thanks. Yes, the automatic translator is a pain.

>
> Saludos! :wink:
>

Cheers / Saludos,

(I know, cheers is not “saludos”, but both feel appropriate O:-) )

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” at Telcontar)

Thank you Carlos

caf4926 wrote:
> Thank you Carlos

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1!!

DenverD
CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD [posted via NNTP w/openSUSE 10.3]
When it comes to chocolate, resistance is futile.

On 2010-09-26 13:22, DenverD wrote:
> caf4926 wrote:
>> Thank you Carlos
>
> +1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1!!

(blush)

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” at Telcontar)

One day, user will learn to read documentation !

Clearly indicate in the reference guide

boot with repair=1 to have repair system
boot with rescue=1 to have rescue …**

If the option still exists, then it should still be made available through the boot screen.

Funny thing - when your computer is unable to boot, accessing the online documentation is problematic.

It’s an indication of the sloppiness that’s becoming standard with the open source version, which appears to eschew any testing whatsoever in favor of putting it’s users in the position of being alpha testers.

No wonder they can’t find anyone to maintain the system. Supporters are thinner on the ground with each release, migrating to releases that actually work.

Thank you Carlos. And - as the OP’s problem is solved - I take the freedom to abuse this thread a bit. Speakers of non supported languages should be encouraged to post in their own language, if all else fails, and if there is no dedicated language forum for them.

It is much easier to read and understand a foreign language than to speak or write it. Knowing some Italian and Latin (and after some introduction to Spanish 30 years ago) I had no problem to follow 1antares1’s post of 25 Sep 2010.

As anyone can see, I am living in a country where 4 different languages are spoken. I can understand 3 of them and speak 2 of them. In conferences (or in our parliament) it is very common that everyone speaks his own language, but it is assumed, that everyone else will understand it. This works quite well. Let’s be open for everyone. There will be some forum members able to help or to translate.

It tried to engage people with other native languages also to post in their native language if they found a issue in the German language part of this forums that is of interest for them or in which they may be able to help.

So was it for me with been taught in Latin at school.
And some people may find also information in a thread like the one on the kernel 2.6.36 with the posting /t/kernel-linux-2-6-36-release-candidate-1/53793/36 although they think they do no understand German.
If someone posts the result of a automatic Google-‘translation’ (English->German): mostly I have to try to translate it back to the original words to get the sense of it.

+1, see: /t/eine-brucke-un-pont/54267/3.

Regards
pistazienfresser

Whether the version of openSUSE 12.2 has a SYSTEM REPAIR, and if it doesn’t why it does that, so is there any way to run it from a shell somehow? Signs, interest me if it does why is thrown out the option that was a good and useful ?

TELL ME SOMETHING ABOUT THAT ?

Thanks in advance for your response and just continue with the development of the project because it is the best of all!