Thread: Help! How to open edexcel livetexts in opensuse 11.3??

Default Help! How to open edexcel livetexts in opensuse 11.3??

Hi friends,

I am having a problem here. I have some livetexts/activebooks from edexcel A-Level subjects (C1, C2, C3 etc) which I can open and view in windows xp using Mathplayer and internet explorer 7. How can I open these livetexts in ubuntu along with the solutionbank (each exercises in these livetexts comes with a solutionbank) ? Did anybody try viewing and using livetexts in opensuse or any other linux distro??? I don't have clue.

Each livetext folder has .swf, .jpg , .xml, .xhtml and .html files. The solutionbank cannot be used in opera or firefox in windows xp.

Please help me in this problem.

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: Help! How to open edexcel livetexts in opensuse 11.3??

Mathplayer looks like it allows IE to display MathML (A markup language for Maths, so webpages can display equations properly).

FireMath is an addon for Firefox which will allow MathML to be rendered in Firefox, try installing it (and restart FF afterwards).
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/8969/

As for the livetexts, have a look in the folder and see if there is an index.html or similar (default.html, start.html... you get me) & open it with FireFox, see what happens.

Whats a solutionbank? is it a file? a web address? what?
    Happily using Linux since 1998
    Share & Enjoy

Default Re: Help! How to open edexcel livetexts in opensuse 11.3??

You will need Flash installed to view swf. The others should be displayed by any browser.