Thread: Fullscreen window in Gnome

Default Fullscreen window in Gnome

I'm trying out Gnome at the moment. One thing that worked well in KDE was making windows fullscreen. There's an option on the panel: advanced->fullscreen, however there doesn't appear to be that option in Gnome.

Can a Gnome expert help me out here? I work a lot from home thru VNC and I like to have it in fullscreen mode.

Thanks.

Default Re: Fullscreen window in Gnome

Google gave me → this.

Hello,

I am reluctant to call myself a gnome expert ... but I have used it daily for many years. I am not aware of such a feature existing independent of specific applications (such as firefox and VMWare) that implement it. If I remember correctly, the default VNC client on OpenSUSE's gnome has a fullscreen option. I think it is in a "connection settings" section or something similar.

Have fun!

oxala

--------------
    PS ... thx for the link ... I learned something new today
    Last edited by oxala; 18-Sep-2010 at 11:06. Reason: add ps

Yeah, I saw that as well. I tried it out, but it doesn't work... well it works on the firefox window, but not on any other window. Strange!

Also, in the control center "Personal->Keyboard Shortcuts" there is no option for fullscreen. Btw, "System->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts" doesn't exist which makes me believe that the instructions are for an older version of gnome.