I'm a multi-boot user of several Linux distributions. When I use a gui browser it's either firefox or opera. For most things I prefer opera. I recently installed OpenSuSE 11.3 to an HP Pavilion with Athlon 64 processors and integrated Nvidia graphics, for which I've had to use the Nvidia drivers on all of my linux. I use startx to fire up one of 4 DE/WM environments (usualy E17) With all my other Linux Opera works well. But the opera installed to my opensuse 11.3 via yast has issues...

It's identified as
Code:
Opera/9.80 (X11; Linux x86_64; U; en) Presto/2.6.30Version/10.61"
The first thing I noticed with it was that it takes unusualy long to load.

Using a run command prompt, I can command "opera" to start. Then open another run prompt to start firefox. And use firefox to check my bank balance before opera finally opens???

Once opera finally opens it seems to work normally except for the fact that on many pages it insists on using a very annoying font that I have trouble reading. I looked at all my font settings and none of them look like this font. It makes no difference whether my "presentation mode is set to use "page fonts and colors" or "my fonts and colors". I don't think it's something weird being done by the page authors because Firefox displays the same pages normally. As does the Opera I get with my Arch, PCLinuxOS, & Xubuntu installations on this same computer.

An example of a basic page that it's insisting on using this horrid font for is:

Code:
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/
Index of /repositories

To see a screenshot of how my OpenSuse's Opera is rendering this page, please look at:

https://home.comcast.net/~jtwdyp/fil...eraBadFont.png

And yes, I have tried renaming my ~/.opera directory and starting with a fresh user profile but it didn't help.

Can anyone tell me what could be causing this?? Or better yet how to fix it???

It's most annoying to feel like that if I need to browse the web, I'm better off rebooting into one of my other Linux first...

--
JtWdyP