Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: firefox KDE intergration

  1. #1

    Default firefox KDE intergration

    Opensuse 11.3 64bit
    Firefox 3.6.8

    I can't use the save-as in the menu. So, I use the keyboard shortcuts workaround discovered in another topic. The organize bookmarks->import and backup-> backup won't work. There are no keyboard shortcuts to bypass the bug. How do I get around this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: firefox KDE intergration

    Why not update to Firefox 3.6.9 as it works fine for me? As for bookmarks, did you try CTRL+SHIFT+O to see if that works for you?

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  3. #3

    Default Re: firefox KDE intergration

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    Why not update to Firefox 3.6.9 as it works fine for me? As for bookmarks, did you try CTRL+SHIFT+O to see if that works for you?

    Thank You,
    I can get to the bookmark menu. The backup function doesn't do anything, no save-as bar. There are no keyboard shortcuts. Where do I find the file? So, I can manually back it up.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: firefox KDE intergration

    I do not know where Firefox keeps everything for sure. There is a folder called ~/.mozilla in my home area. You must have the option to view hidden files turned on to see it. I am guessing this is ware it keeps it data. It does appear that your Firefox is foobar and needs to be replaced or upgraded.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  5. #5

    Default Re: firefox KDE intergration

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    I do not know where Firefox keeps everything for sure. There is a folder called ~/.mozilla in my home area. You must have the option to view hidden files turned on to see it. I am guessing this is ware it keeps it data. It does appear that your Firefox is foobar and needs to be replaced or upgraded.

    Thank You,
    I found the bookmarks backup folder and the default bookmarks, not the current bookmarks. Where? Thanks.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: firefox KDE intergration

    I think you copy everything in the folder ~/.mozilla/firefox/ to do a full backup of the Firefox installation for any one user.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  7. #7

    Default Re: firefox KDE intergration

    Quote Originally Posted by jdmcdaniel3 View Post
    I think you copy everything in the folder ~/.mozilla/firefox/ to do a full backup of the Firefox installation for any one user.

    Thank You,
    The folder is 89 megs, not a practical for backup. Is this KDE bug going to be fixed soon?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Austin - Texas
    Posts
    10,140
    Blog Entries
    48

    Smile Re: firefox KDE intergration

    You are welcome to report any issues you having with Mozilla as they are responsible for FireFox. However, I have no such issues, so it sounds like your installation has the problem. Also, 89 megs is not very big unless you are trying to copy it to a floppy disk I would say.

    Thank You,
    My Blog: https://forums.opensuse.org/blogs/jdmcdaniel3/

    Software efficiency halves every 18 months, thus compensating for Moore's Law

    Its James again from Austin, Texas

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,723
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: firefox KDE intergration

    Go to
    /.mozilla/firefox/3vbwf2j7.default/bookmarkbackups/ (your red bit will be different)

    grab the latest .json file
    you can import that in any new FFox

    BTW I don't have any of the issues you describe (I use kde)
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Chicago suburbs
    Posts
    12,352
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: firefox KDE intergration

    Quote Originally Posted by lord_valarian View Post
    I found the bookmarks backup folder and the default bookmarks, not the current bookmarks. Where? Thanks.
    The current bookmarks are in "places.sqlite" (which also has history). It might be a huge file, because of that history.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •