Thread: wine and .NETFramework

Default wine and .NETFramework

Hi Everybody!

I have had some problems with installing dotnet11, 20, 30 on OpenSuse 11.3 x86_64. A every time got the same error msg:

pinter@linux-izby:~> sh winetricks dotnet20
    Instaling .net 2.0 runtime. Can take several minutes. See MicrosoftDotNet - The Official Wine Wiki for tips.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    prerequisite gecko already installed, skipping
    Setting Windows version to win2k
    Executing early_wine regedit cwinetrickstmp\set-winver.reg
    Executing cp -f /home/pinter/.winetrickscache/dotnet20/l_intl.nls /home/pinter/.wine/dosdevices/c:/windows/system32/
    Executing wine reg delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v2.0 /f
    DELETE - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v2.0 (null) 0 0 1
    Error: The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value
    Note: command 'wine reg delete HKLM\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\policy\v2.0 /f' returned status 1. Aborting.

I don't know what to do. Installed corefonts too, still the same. Anybody met with this problem yet?

Default Re: wine and .NETFramework

I just installed an application which needs .net 2.0 and after that i was able to install the framework but now i run in to a new error msg which says i can't install this app on 64bit system

Ok, solved it!
    I just put back the 32bit version of wine and everything works just fine.

So all i did was the following:
    Installed a program which needs the .NETFramework and then I was able to install the framework from winetricks. dotnet11 was just all right on 64bit system, but i had no luck with the dotnet20 and 30 version. I deleted the 64bit wine and gecko, reinstalled the 32bit version, done the installation again, and now i run .NET 2.0.

Problem solved, hope this will help for some users around who suffer with the same

All the best to you guys!

Hello,
    Sorry about my poor English, I'm from Argentina, and very new to the Linux world.
    I want to know if my application is able to run under Linux, and I find the same problem as you.
    Could you show me step by step commands to fix it?
    Thank you very much.