Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How clear Apache cache?

Default Re: How clear Apache cache?

Dear 6tr6tr,
    I know this thread is old but thought that a solution would be nice to have so here it is
    I had the exact same problem and yes apache is cacheing the images !
    I would delete the file from the vboxsf then clear the cache from the browser then check in the server directory that the file was not there
    then reload the page and it was still there. How i know it was in the server well i was able to download it from the browser to my desktop.
    What was mind boggling was that updates to the php html or any other parsed file format worked just fine.
    I looked further into the issus and found that apache has a glitch with network mounted folders of NTSF format. Something to the effect that non-parsed elements are sent to the browser and since the file format and permissions on the network drive were incapatible makes apache cache some how. So we want apache to stop processing these elements and force it to read them each time they are requested.
    --->add this to the bottom of the file /etc/apache2/apache.conf

#Disable image serving for network mounted drive
    EnableSendfile off

Hope that helps

Thumbs up Re: How clear Apache cache?

Quote Originally Posted by eka11 View Post
    Dear 6tr6tr,
    I know this thread is old but thought that a solution would be nice to have so here it is
    I would delete the file from the vboxsf then clear the cache from the browser then check in the server directory that the file was not there
    then reload the page and it was still there. How i know it was in the server well i was able to download it from the browser to my desktop.
    What was mind boggling was that updates to the php html or any other parsed file format worked just fine.
    I looked further into the issus and found that apache has a glitch with network mounted folders of NTSF format. Something to the effect that non-parsed elements are sent to the browser and since the file format and permissions on the network drive were incapatible makes apache cache some how. So we want apache to stop processing these elements and force it to read them each time they are requested.

EnableSendfile off

Hope that helps
    Thank you very much! This solved my problem. We have roughly the same setup. I've been working on this for days. Thank you very very much! You're saving me much time!

My setup is Windows XP, with CentOS running on a VirtualBox. The PHP files I'm working on is on Windows XP but they're served by CentOS, because I need the APE (Ajax Push Engine) and it doesn't work on Windows. Basically, the files being hosted by httpd is on a Windows NT File System. After removing the comment on EnableSendfile off on my httpd.conf file, it started de-caching things.

Once again, thank you.

Dear 6tr6tr,

EnableSendfile off

Hope that helps
    Cool thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Still getting this issue.
    I have it too. All this talk about "it must be on your ISP" is nonsense. Like you, it is a local copy on my laptop, I have even pulled out the cable to the router, so the old images are stored on my laptop somewhere. I changed the directory name (and in the PHP code too) and it loads the correct images, but as soon as I change the directory back to the correct name (and the code) it finds the old images again! (No cache eh? well explain where they ARE held).

EnableSendfile off
    In my case, I do have network drives not involved in this instance. Apache and the site are on my local C: drive. I tried your fix jusr in case but it didn't help.
    My files are slightly different, I have two config files, but I changed both
    Cwamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\conf\wamserver.conf
    Cwamp\bin\apache\apache2.4.9\wamserver.conf

Please gentleman This thread is almost 6 years old!

Not very many people will still follow new posts here. Also I assume that all software involved in the mean time changed to newer versions.

So please, when you have a problem, start a new thread in the most appropriate forum with a good telling title. That is realy the best way to draw the attention of the people here, including those that might be able to help you.

This thread is CLOSED.
    Henk van Velden

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12