Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Repository download.opensuse.org has been unreachable for a week!

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Default Repository download.opensuse.org has been unreachable for a week!

    In both my updater applet and in YAST, I keep getting the error that:

    download failed:

    download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE4:/Community/openSUSE_11.2/repodata/repomd.xml

    Does anyone know what's causing this?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: Repository download.opensuse.org has been unreachable for a week!

    It looks like the KDE Community repository has been removed.

    [opensuse-kde] Removing KDE:Community repository

  3. #3

    Default Re: Repository download.opensuse.org has been unreachable for a week!

    Quote Originally Posted by chief_sealth View Post
    It looks like the KDE Community repository has been removed.

    [opensuse-kde] Removing KDE:Community repository
    So what do I do? What about everything I have that's from that repository?

  4. #4
    Carlos E. R. NNTP User

    Default Re: Repository download.opensuse.org has been unreachable for a week!

    On 2010-09-01 01:06, 6tr6tr wrote:
    >
    > chief_sealth;2215335 Wrote:
    >> It looks like the KDE Community repository has been removed.
    >>
    >> '[opensuse-kde] Removing KDE:Community repository'
    >> (http://lists.opensuse.org/opensuse-k.../msg00014.html)

    >
    > So what do I do? What about everything I have that's from that
    > repository?


    For the moment, remove it.

    Then, perhaps you can read the archive of the kde and kde3 mail lists, to find out what they have
    decided to do - if they have yet decided.

    --
    Cheers / Saludos,

    Carlos E. R.
    (from 11.2 x86_64 "Emerald" GM (Elessar))

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    1,376

    Default Re: Repository download.opensuse.org has been unreachable for a week!

    From the message, it looks like some things will be moved to the KDE extra repo or to KDE3.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sulzbach/Ts., Germany
    Posts
    399

    Default AW: Re: Repository download.opensuse.org has been unreachable for a week!

    Community-Packages have moved to KDE:Extra
    So just remove KDE4:Community and add KDE:Extra.
    Done.

  7. #7

    Default Re: AW: Re: Repository download.opensuse.org has been unreachable for a week!

    Quote Originally Posted by lOtz1009 View Post
    Community-Packages have moved to KDE:Extra
    So just remove KDE4:Community and add KDE:Extra.
    Done.
    A couple questions:

    1. So do I add it as:
    'http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/KDE:/KDE:/Extra/openSUSE_11.2/'

    2. What will happen to anything I downloaded previously from the Community repository? Do I have to do anything in YAST to move them over to this new repository?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    sri mayapur, west bengal, india
    Posts
    958

    Default Re: AW: Re: Repository download.opensuse.org has been unreachable for a week!

    1. that's the correct repo if you're using openSUSE 11.2

    2. those packages that have been moved to the extra-repo should show up when you open yast and can be updated, etc., as usual. if i remember correctly, some things moved to different places, like users' own areas in the build service. you can use software.opensuse.org: Search Results to find packages that seem to have disappeard. (if you don't find something on first try, use "search options," where "disable users home dir." is turned on by default. un-checking that options extends the search to those dir.s.)

    --
    phani.

  9. #9

    Default Re: AW: Re: Repository download.opensuse.org has been unreachable for a week!

    Quote Originally Posted by phanisvara View Post
    1. that's the correct repo if you're using openSUSE 11.2

    2. those packages that have been moved to the extra-repo should show up when you open yast and can be updated, etc., as usual. if i remember correctly, some things moved to different places, like users' own areas in the build service. you can use software.opensuse.org: Search Results to find packages that seem to have disappeard. (if you don't find something on first try, use "search options," where "disable users home dir." is turned on by default. un-checking that options extends the search to those dir.s.)

    --
    phani.
    Wow, that's crazy and very poor management. Given that they were planning on getting rid of that repo and switching the rpms to many different repos, they should have provided a "map" to show you where your stuff would be going. And there should have been notice given to users. Couldn't they add some popup to the Updater Applet to explain all this before it happened?

    As a user of openSUSE, I'm pretty disappointed.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,729
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: AW: Re: Repository download.opensuse.org has been unreachable for a week!

    Quote Originally Posted by 6tr6tr View Post
    Wow, that's crazy and very poor management. Given that they were planning on getting rid of that repo and switching the rpms to many different repos, they should have provided a "map" to show you where your stuff would be going. And there should have been notice given to users. Couldn't they add some popup to the Updater Applet to explain all this before it happened?

    As a user of openSUSE, I'm pretty disappointed.
    I see your point.
    It could be something to raise here:
    https://features.opensuse.org/

    There have been several threads similar to this and I posted the original Mailing List Warning.
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •