How to access the windiws file system from suse ......?

**I am using 11.2 suse with gnome in vmware player on windows 7 .

I can drag and drop indivisual files from windows to suse and vice versa but

Can I mount the whole windows file system in Suse ???

If yes than how ???

It depends what sort of the “drag and drop” process you’re using. I think that you drag and drop over the network link between the windows 7 host and the Suse guest, is that right?
If it is then you can share the whole windows drive and use a cifs mount in Suse to mount the whole filesystem.
So then, is the drag and drop from windows to Suse done over the network or some other way?

Well you are right , I have host as windows 7 and guest as Suse…
I am able to do simple drag and drop from windows file system to vmware’s suse window and vice versa as well…

Please mention the proper step by step procedure and commands to mount the whole drives …

So that I can work in full screen in Suse itself without any interption …>>>>

Make a directory in Suse where you want the windows filesystem to appear, e.g. directory “win” at /home/suzy/win (in this example the username is suzy)

Open the Suse filesystem table with an editor. The filesystem table is a text file called “fstab”, located at /etc/fstab. Open it with superuser privileges with one of these commands:

• If you have Gnome: kdesu kwrite /etc/fstab
  • If you have KDE: gnomesu gedit /etc/fstab

Type this line at the bottom of the file fstab then save the file:

//windowsname/sharename   /home/suzy/win   cifs   guest,_netdev   0 0

In this, “windowsname” and “sharename” are respectively the network name of the windows box and the network name of the shared windows drive as viewed in the Suse file manager/browser. I have written the code for a situation where you have setup the windows drive so shares there are accessed without passwords, in the old style of xp shares.

Reboot Suse.

The method comes from this tutorial: Samba: HowTo Mount a CIFS Network Share [AKA Map Network Drive] in openSUSE 11 plus FAQs

Well I follwed your method but after typing command genomesu ge…fstab
Suse prompt me for password and after giving the password I am not able to see any window opening …
I also tried to open it directly but that don;t allow to edit the file fstab
What do I do ?
And please explain windiwsname/sharename again …I am not getting what to type there…
Like I have 3 drives in windows C , D and E.
All of them have their different names …
And Should I write two backslash before the windowsname …?
Or only one ?

Well I follwed your method but after typing command genomesu ge…fstab
Suse prompt me for password and after giving the password I am not able to see any window opening …

Try again, it has to be exact, exact:

gnomesu gedit /etc/fstab

There is a space after the u and a space after the t. It does work if you don’t type any errors.

And please explain windiwsname/sharename again …I am not getting what to type there…
Like I have 3 drives in windows C , D and E…

Please go to windows 7 file browser and click “network” in the left hand column.
You will see the windows 7 icon and a network name beside the windows 7 icon. What is the windows 7 network name beside the icon?
Next, click the icon for the windows 7 computer. You will then see the names of the shares. What are the names of the shares for C, D and E?