Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12

Thread: FireFox opens but goes no where in openSIUSE 11.2 64bit

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moving to Reno, NV soon.
    Posts
    51

    Default FireFox opens but goes no where in openSIUSE 11.2 64bit

    output of installed
    rpm --query --all '*mozilla*'mozilla-xulrunner191-kde4-0.6-0.1.2.x86_64
    mozilla-nspr-4.8.6-1.pm.2.1.x86_64
    mozilla-xulrunner191-gnomevfs-1.9.1.11-0.1.1.x86_64
    mozilla-nss-32bit-3.12.8-1.pm.3.1.x86_64
    mozilla-nss-3.12.6-3.1.1.x86_64
    mozilla-js192-1.9.2.8-1.pm.5.2.x86_64
    mozilla-xulrunner191-1.9.1.11-0.1.1.x86_64
    mozilla-nss-certs-3.12.8-1.pm.3.1.i586
    mozilla-nss-certs-32bit-3.12.8-1.pm.3.1.x86_64
    mozilla-nspr-32bit-4.8.6-1.pm.2.1.x86_64
    carl@linux-jh3c:~/11.2Setup/dvd> rpm --verify --query --all '*mozilla*'
    .......T. /usr/lib64/xulrunner-1.9.1.11/.autoreg

    Any ideas?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: FireFox opens but goes no where in openSIUSE 11.2 64bit

    Have you tried the package switcher in Yast on the mozilla repo?
    ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    11,727
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: FireFox opens but goes no where in openSIUSE 11.2 64bit

    Not sure what "goes nowhere" means.
    • Do you mean you can't browse to web pages with firefox but you can browse with other products like Konqueror or Opera.
    • Or do you mean you can't contact the internet at all, even with something like "ping www.google.com" in a terminal window?

    The two are quite different as to cause.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1(Beta) &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moving to Reno, NV soon.
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: FireFox opens but goes no where in openSIUSE 11.2 64bit

    No. How do I get to the Mozilla repo?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moving to Reno, NV soon.
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: FireFox opens but goes no where in openSIUSE 11.2 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by swerdna View Post
    Not sure what "goes nowhere" means.
    • Do you mean you can't browse to web pages with firefox but you can browse with other products like Konqueror or Opera.
    • Or do you mean you can't contact the internet at all, even with something like "ping www.google.com" in a terminal window?

    The two are quite different as to cause.
    The first one, can browse with Konqueror as I am doing now on this post. Firefox opens then one can do nothing else.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Oz
    Posts
    11,727
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default Re: FireFox opens but goes no where in openSIUSE 11.2 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by collycrk View Post
    The first one, can browse with Konqueror as I am doing now on this post. Firefox opens then one can do nothing else.
    OK, then I'll step out because broke ffox is not a forte for me.
    Leap 42.3 & 15.1(Beta) &KDE
    FYIs from the days of yore

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: FireFox opens but goes no where in openSIUSE 11.2 64bit

    Please post your repo list

    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    if you can see yourself you don't have it you can add it

    To add mozilla, do this:

    Code:
    zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.2/ mozilla
    Code:
    zypper ref
    accept key

    then do

    Code:
    zypper dup -r mozilla
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moving to Reno, NV soon.
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: FireFox opens but goes no where in openSIUSE 11.2 64bit

    No. How does one get to mozilla ripo?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Moving to Reno, NV soon.
    Posts
    51

    Thumbs up Re: FireFox opens but goes no where in openSIUSE 11.2 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Please post your repo list

    Code:
    zypper lr -d
    if you can see yourself you don't have it you can add it

    To add mozilla, do this:

    Code:
    zypper ar -f http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/mozilla/openSUSE_11.2/ mozilla
    Code:
    zypper ref
    accept key

    then do

    Code:
    zypper dup -r mozilla
    Whoa girl, cat you are good. Problem solved, thanks so much.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The English Lake District. UK - GMT/BST
    Posts
    36,733
    Blog Entries
    20

    Default Re: FireFox opens but goes no where in openSIUSE 11.2 64bit

    Quote Originally Posted by collycrk View Post
    Whoa girl, cat you are good. Problem solved, thanks so much.
    Just FYI
    It's CAF not CAT, perhaps the feline nomenclature you attached to me is what also lead you to believe I was

    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •