Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update Applet Not Showing Loading Bar

Default Update Applet Not Showing Loading Bar

Whenever I check for updates, or download/install them, the openSUSE updater applet never shows the loading bar. The border showing the loading bars position is there but the loading bar never appears. It always sits at 0% but still successfully complete updating. Anyway to fix the loading bar?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Update Applet Not Showing Loading Bar

Is this KDE?
    Just try switching to the default looks (Theme, colours etc..)

It would be interesting to see your repos:
    zypper lr -d
    Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Well finally, a month later, a got around to trying what you said in your post above, caf4962. My apologies, but had some important things to deal with that were more pressing than a progress bar not progressing

Anyway, I have switched to multiple widget styles, window decorations, and desktop themes - none of which have worked. Some of the changes I made caused the progress bar to show 0% in middle of it or show a thin blue line as if the progress bar were about to move, but it didn't budge. I can successfully download/install all available updates though, so it should only be a visual issue.

Here are my repos:

# | Alias | Name | Enabled | Refresh | Priority | Type | URI | Service
    ---+-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------+---------+---------+----------+--------+----------------------------------
    1 | Libdvdcss repository | Libdvdcss repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://opensuse-guide.org/repo/11.3/
    2 | Packman Repository | Packman Repository | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /suse/11.3/
    3 | Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82 | Updates for openSUSE 11.3 11.3-1.82 | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /update/11.3 |
    4 | google-chrome | google-chrome | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/rpm/stable/x86_64
    5 | openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82 | openSUSE-11.3 11.3-1.82 | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
    6 | openSUSE_-_KDE_4.5_Stable | openSUSE - KDE 4.5 Stable | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/KDE:/Release:/45/openSUSE_11.3 |
    7 | openSUSE_11.3 | openSUSE-11.3-Games | Yes | Yes | 99 | rpm-md | Index of /repositories/games/openSUSE_11.3 |
    8 | repo-debug | openSUSE-11.3-Debug | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /debug/distribution/11.3/repo/oss |
    9 | repo-non-oss | openSUSE-11.3-Non-Oss | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /distribution/11.3/repo/non-oss |
    10 | repo-source | openSUSE-11.3-Source | Yes | Yes | 99 | yast2 | Index of /source/distribution/11.3/repo/oss

Blog Entries

Your repo list isn't bad, except you need to remove repo #1 Libdvdcss (I'm not even sure exactly what is in that repo other than libdvdcss?) I guess you used the Oneclick codecs?

Are you referring to the updater applet? I can't recall what it looks like in use because I always disable it. And just use Yast > Software > Online Update or Software Management

What video card do you have?
    Leap 15.1_KDE

I have a ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card with the propriety driver installed because the open source driver (radeonhd) does support 3D rendering or at least barely supports it. I know I always have speed issues with the open source driver.

I have used the Oneclick codecs, but I need libdvdcss to access encrypted DVD's. Also, only libdvdcss and its' debugging symbols are in that repo.

By the way, this is how my Updater Applet looks like: Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Blog Entries

If you do Yast > Online Update
    do you get progress bars there?
    Leap 15.1_KDE

Yes, all other progress bars in all other programs work well. In Yast, in Konqueror - everything. I'm surprised no one else is having this happen to them. This happens even with a clean install.

Hmm I never see bars or anything from the updater. It asks for my root password then goes away and downloads in the background. How do you get this screen that is supposed to have a progress bar?

gogalthorp, when you are updating or searching for updates, left click the updater icon in the taskbar (it essentially looks like the openSUSE logo). A little window will popup showing what the updater is doing.

If it's doing nothing ("No Updates Available") then you can right click the icon and choose "Check Now" with the window still open and it will check for updates. You should see the same window now but with a progress bar (I hope).

Don't get that at all.

Check now if updates available pops a notification then shows updates. Detail shows list of updates in more detail I see no progress bars. Installing pops a root login and once the password is entered all goes away and the check now selection is grayed out.

BTW running 11.2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast