Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XGL repository deleted?

Default XGL repository deleted?

Hi everybody,
    i've always used the X11GL repo to install compiz and emerald because i've never managed tu make compiz run using X11:Compiz repo.
    But since some day the X11GL at Index of /repositories/X11:/XGL repo has disappeared.
    What's happened? How can i install emerald and its themes now?
    Many thanks in advance.

Blog Entries

Default Re: XGL repository deleted?

Leap 15.1_KDE
    My Articles Was I any help? If yes: Click the star below

Default Re: XGL repository deleted?

You're guide is perfect and i've done something similar for ages. I've no problem in installing, configuring and using compiz and emerald.
    The problem is that there's no more the XGL repository !!
    Try this link: http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_11.3/ and you'll see what i mean :-(

Default AW: Re: XGL repository deleted?

Repo is gone. X11:Compiz is the right repo to use.
    We had a thread relating to this yesterday...
    http://download.opensuse.org/reposit...openSUSE_11.3/

For further details see yesterday's fred at http://forums.opensuse.org/english/g...n-emerald.html

Default Re: AW: Re: XGL repository deleted?

Very,very bad. Emerald for me is the best window decorator ever seen.
    Is there a way to mirror the old repository ?? I mean, have it online for a while so who is interested can copy it on local hard disk ?
    Really, the XGL repo has been perfect for years even if now it had some dependencies problem (at least on 11.3).
    Please, point me to a backup of the old repo so i can download and mantain it for me and my friends .
    (i should have done this before if i knew that the repo was going to be deleted)
    Many thanks in advance.

Default AW: Re: AW: Re: XGL repository deleted?

If you want to maintain the package, you can do this via OS build service and then it would be in profit for all other users
    AFAIK there is no "old" mirror. I still have the (64bit) packages of emerald installed. I think there's a way to rebuild a rpm out of the installed package. If yes, I can do that, but this will take some time...(I even might have them in zypper's cache...)

But if you really want to maintain the package (time might come where the plain installation of emerald's RPMs won't be enough) please consider the buildservice.
    Maybe cyberorg (see the bugreport) still has the sources/spec...

Default Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: XGL repository deleted?

Thanks lOtz1009,
    By now i'll try to make an archive of the installed files so i can easily install emerald on my friends boxes ... rpm -ql is my friend ;-) until next opensuse release this can be enough.
    Next i'll try the buildservice way even if for me building rpm is quite intimidating :-(

Default AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: XGL repository deleted?

I've just asked cyberorg for source / specs.
    I think with the existing files I can at least manage to maintain Emerald or Fusion-Icon. I cannot do this from scratch for lack of building knowledge.

Let's see what happens, if I've got news, I'll reply in this thread again.

Default Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: XGL repository deleted?

Hello all,

I've decided to reply to this thread since it's the most recent one on the problem. I've created a how-to as a workaround for the missing emerald and fusion-icon packages. Keep watching my how-to guide here:
    Installing and Configuring Compiz

I've messaged caf to change it to the new guide and you should see some changes sometime today. I'm sure he'll let everyone know when it's up and running. I'm also going to change the wiki to reflect the fact that there's no .ymp for KDE4 and redirect users to my how-to until lotz1009 finds out if he can maintain Emerald or Fusion-Icon. Thanks again lotz1009 for giving us the heads up yesterday. Sorry it took me till today to type up the workaround.

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Default Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: AW: Re: XGL repository deleted?

The workaround how-to is now in place. Any Gnome users can still use the one-clicks (once the wiki gets updated with my changes), otherwise you can also find the one-clicks at the repositories I've listed in my how-to. KDE users can follow my how-to. Thanks to everyone who helped with the (hopefully temporary) workaround.

Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast