Thread: Change firefox's appearance

Default Change firefox's appearance

Hello I am running opensuse 11.3 (latest) and I would like to configure how firefox and thunderbird look like (gtk?).
    I tried Gtk Styles and Fonts from KDE control center but it only affects the most important settings of how these windows look like.

I would like to change slightly the Window background color but so far I could not find any option. I only found the Colors->Colors submenu in kde control center but it only does affect kde windows (eg. konqueror)

Could you please help me?

Best Regards
    Alex

Blog Entries

Default Re: Change firefox's appearance

I hope this is what you mean: Navigate to Edit > Preferences > Content folder. In the 'Fonts and Colours' section, there is a 'Colours...' button. Click on that. There you can choose text and background coulours, or choose system colours etc.

Quote Originally Posted by deano_ferrari View Post
    I hope this is what you mean: Navigate to Edit > Preferences > Content folder. In the 'Fonts and Colours' section, there is a 'Colours...' button. Click on that. There you can choose text and background coulours, or choose system colours etc.
    I would like to thank you for your reply. If I do that then the colors would not also change in thunderbird. I would like to configure how all gtk windows look in kde. Of course there is a theme selection in kde's control center but it does not allow for more custom configurations.

Best Regards
    alex

Quote Originally Posted by alaios View Post
    I would like to thank you for your reply. If I do that then the colors would not also change in thunderbird. I would like to configure how all gtk windows look in kde. Of course there is a theme selection in kde's control center but it does not allow for more custom configurations.

Best Regards
    alex
    If you are concered about the looks of your GTK applications in KDE then QtCurve is your best bet. You can use it for KDE looks and GTK looks at the same time. And, unlike Oxygen-Molecule it is very successful in applying in applying your KDE color scheme to GTK applications. But keep in mind that it will look different than the Oxygen theme (although it can easily look much, much better).

Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Emsworth View Post
    If you are concered about the looks of your GTK applications in KDE then QtCurve is your best bet. You can use it for KDE looks and GTK looks at the same time. And, unlike Oxygen-Molecule it is very successful in applying in applying your KDE color scheme to GTK applications. But keep in mind that it will look different than the Oxygen theme (although it can easily look much, much better).
    great advice worked fine
    Best Regards
    Alex