Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I am being beaten up hard. Help! (CITRIX)

Default I am being beaten up hard. Help! (CITRIX)

I have been trying to get access to my company server using opensuse. For that I need to have citrix access gateway working. My company has a webpage and within it a link for employee access. After putting my username and password it will start open an Citrix Access Gateway window but it won't load the applications I need. I just show in that area the message: "the page isn't redirecting properly". Note that it opens and works well in windows 7.
    What I have done:
    -downloaded the citrix plugin for linux RPM
    -I downloaded and installed openmotif 32 bits (the citrix plugin is 32 bits)
    -I changed gnashplayer to 32 bits (after unsuccesfully trying with the default 64 bits)
    -I copied the certificates of my company webpage to to usr/lic/ICAclient/keystore/Cacerts with the native crt extension.
    -I installed the citrix plugin after the previous steps.

I am not sure if I skipped something or I have to further configurate the citrix receiver. I tried doing so:
    -going to View (in citrix receiver), click in Citrix XenApp view. I will ask me to put the url. I entered the url (the web address of my company server) but I got the message: "Citrix Xen App can not update the configuration information......"

Please help. I do not have more ideas about what to do.

Default Re: I am being beaten up hard. Help! (CITRIX)

weverjames wrote:
    > Please help. I do not have more ideas about what to do.

you are welcome to hang out here hoping a CITRIX guru happens by (i'm
    not one), but if you have completely exhausted all the documentation
    on how to properly install and set up the Linux client used to play
    with your company's gateway, then i'd suggest you might need to go to
    the place where the CITRIX gurus hang out....

my google tells me that is at or near: http://support.citrix.com/

another way of me saying that is: i don't think you have an openSUSE
    problem, nor an openSUSE application problem..

hmmmm, you _may_ be having an openSUSE networking problem: have you
    tried disabled IPv6? well, you didn't say which version of openSUSE
    you are using and the way to disable IPv6 is different for 11.2 and
    11.3, google or advanced search the openSUSE forums for the how to, or
    post again with your version and desktop environment and someone will
    give you the correct directions..

--
    DenverD
    CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD [posted via NNTP w/openSUSE 10.3]

I am using opensuse 11.3 kde, 64 bits
    I do not know how to disable that.

weverjames wrote:
    > I am using opensuse 11.3 kde, 64 bits

http://tinyurl.com/yg4utvs

--
    DenverD
    CAVEAT: http://is.gd/bpoMD [posted via NNTP w/openSUSE 10.3]

Red face Re: I am being beaten up hard. Help! (CITRIX)

Hi, I'm connecting to my company network via Citrix for the last couple of years using OpenSUSE 11.1(thinking about upgrading to 11.3).
    Anyway, I think that vpnc is installed by default but if not you can use Yast to install it.
    in the /etc/vpnc directory there is a default.conf file(if not create it) which I have it updated with my company's info like this:
    IPSec gateway retriever.rsp.rxxxxs.com
    IPSec ID roxxxxxx
    IPSec secret vxxxxxx
    XAuth username abc.def
    the bolded info have to be updated by you.

As admin(or via sudo) you have to run at the prompt the command:
    vpnc , which will ask you for password for which i'm using the token number.
    After that I'm connected and i'm in my work network, you can find your new ip address which will confirm that. From here you can connect via any protocol to any machines in the network you have access to and to your machine which most probably is a Windows you can connect via Remote Desktop Connection which is another tool installed( i think by default) or maybe not and you can find it with YAST.
    I had encountered some issues few times and i will tell you about them once you can connect, just let me know.
    That's it and that's how I connect. I hope is the same for you.
    The previous suggestion to remove IPv6 is mandatory at least for me. that should be removed via YAST->network. if you cannot find it I will provide you the steps.
    good luck and i will try to help you more if you are not successfull(time permitting).

thanks dmera for replyin. I disabled the VP6 in yast. However it did not work. I do not how to configurate vpn and have it working with firefox. Probably that is the problem. I checked for the configuration folder that you pointed. My system doe not have it. I also have Kvpn installed but I do not how to use it. Citrix receiver is installed and the plugin is included in the plugin folder of mozilla firefox. However seem that they are not working together. Just trying to guess.

not sure why you need firefox. the connection is done via the vpnc application which will connect you to the work network via sshd protocol.
    so step 1. go in yast ->Software->Software management and search for vpnc
    if not there install it.
    Not sure what you mean by firefox plugin as I never used that. I tried kvpn but i was not successfull a couple of years back.
    if you have the info I mentioned earlier, in the directory i mentioned after you install vpnc modify the file default.conf
    let me know and we'll walk through this together.

Is firefox opening up the ica file using: '/usr/lib/ICAClient/wfica.sh' ?

Double check Edit->Preferences->Applications-> Citrix ICA File.

Depending on which version I use sometimes I have to open the ICA file in something like kwrite and then check the preferences and change it to the wfica.sh
    Desktop- AMD Phenom II X4 810 8GB RAM Radeon HD 4790 openSUSE 11.2 x86_64 KDE 4.3.5
    Laptop - Intel 2.27GHz Core i5 M430 6 GB RAM nVidia GeForce 310M openSUSE 11.3 x86_64 KDE 4.5.2

the reason why I have to use firefox is because my work has its own webpage and the access to the Citrix portal is through a link in that webpage. Therefore all is done in a webpage setting:
    -When I click in the link, I will be redirected to other webpage asking me for my username and password. When I enter that information a Citrix Access Gateway windows opens with different links and the application I need to use. At least that is what happens when I use windows in my laptop. However with linux, when I enter my login information, the applications won't load. There will be no connection.
    So I guess that in my case I just need to use the CAG plugin for linux in order to connect to work???
    I do have vpnc already installed. No such a folder or file of preferences or configurations.

Sorry for confusing you I was thinking about Cisco VPN and misread Citrix with Cisco. My mind was connecting wrong wires. Don't know how to connect via Citrix from OpenSuse.
    That's all I can do and sorry for confusion.
    Good luck!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast