Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: KDE 4.5 final version is available

Default Re: KDE 4.5 final version is available

Updated last night, and i would say i love it. Almost every issue solved from my side, lock screen, dolphin, networkmanager etc.

Quote Originally Posted by faco84 View Post
    Is it true that you have to install the plasmoid-networkmanager instead of knetworkmanager in kde 4.5? People in mailing lists say that there's an issue with knetm in kde 4.5.
    I have plasmoid-networkmanager instead of knetworkmanager, it's nice and very informative than knetworkmanager.
    Linux[openSUSE, KDE], PHP, MySQL, Wordpress, Tech News, etc :
    http://anl4u.com

Updated tonight and besides for the occasional Dolphin crash (when multiple instances are open) it seems pretty solid.
    Desktop- AMD Phenom II X4 810 8GB RAM Radeon HD 4790 openSUSE 11.2 x86_64 KDE 4.3.5
    Laptop - Intel 2.27GHz Core i5 M430 6 GB RAM nVidia GeForce 310M openSUSE 11.3 x86_64 KDE 4.5.2

I updated to 4.5 last night... when i changing the Plasma Theme, Dekoration Theme or anything plasma related, KDE crashing and freezing

@SauronXXX: Thanks for the Info! So, I reinstalled KDE 4.4.4 (I would like to have Kontakt with german menus).
    I still have one "problem" with KDE 4.4.4 and KDE 4.5.0. When opening dolphin a second window will be openend which shows no menues but a part of the desktop backround. This brocken window can be closed and everything is fine. When closing the working dolphin window, the broken dolphin window will be closed automatically. Did anybody else has observed this behaviour of dolphin?

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by karljs View Post
    I'd like to try KDE 4.5 but won't using the Factory repo eventually update everything to 4.6 pre-release since that's what is going to be used for the next OpenSUSE release?

Is there an elegant solution to this?
    It will get updated in october...
    they will probably get it first in the stable repos, so then you can switch back to those, before they get new packages in factory repos...
    I'm also looking for some nice solution, but it seems that's the one....

Quote Originally Posted by michaelhust View Post
    I still have one "problem" with KDE 4.4.4 and KDE 4.5.0. When opening dolphin a second window will be openend which shows no menues but a part of the desktop backround. This brocken window can be closed and everything is fine. When closing the working dolphin window, the broken dolphin window will be closed automatically. Did anybody else has observed this behaviour of dolphin?

Michael
    I had this problem a while ago, and was fortunately able to fix it (provided it is the same issue). For a description and a workaround:
    [solved]Dolphin window frame issue • KDE Community Forums
    Actual solution: https://bugs.kde.org/show_bug.cgi?id=204756
    Hope it helps. :-)

@alvanx: Thanks ! This was the solution and also the reason was the same: before this "problem" occurred, I also removed the strigi search box from dolphin.

Best wishes

Michael

Quote Originally Posted by caf4926 View Post
    Yes indeed it is
    How do I update from KDE 4.4.4 to KDE 4.5.0?

Thanks for your help!

On Tuesday 10 August 2010 03:36, pilotgi scribbled:

>
    > I just upgraded to the final version of KDE 4.5. It fixed all the
    > problems I was having with poor graphics performance. Everything seems
    > faster!
    >
    > Definitely worth the update from 4.4.
    >
    >

I guess Kontact 4.5 will be distributed with KDE 4.6? ;-)

--
    Graham Davis, Bracknell, Berks. E-mail: "newsman", not "newsboy".
    "It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl
    Sagan

Seems fine so far, a few unexpected crashes aside, but one thing is really bugging me. In 4.4 hovering over a folder in folder view would let you see the contents of that folder, allowing you to easily, and quickly, see and move content several folders deep without having to open dolphin. Now, to get access to a folder you have to click the "up" arrow. Is there any way to change back to the old behaviour? In checked the folder view settings but i couldn't see a setting for it there.

Realy love the new activities manager BtW, a massive improvement, though i don't really get the icons they're using for them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast