KDE 4.5 final version is available

I just upgraded to the final version of KDE 4.5. It fixed all the problems I was having with poor graphics performance. Everything seems faster!

Definitely worth the update from 4.4.

Good to hear, they fix the most annoying things. Haven’t upgraded yet to final version.
How about the knetwork issue, it was not showing wireless networks. Is this solved in final version?
Also little bit problems with dolphin, lock screen etc. I will check it out later.

Network Manager is fine
I never had any of the other issues you mention.

Dolphin some time crash with out any reason, just crash. Some time when going back and forth with many folders(not many, like 10+), it just wait you for long, if you got lucky will go to the folder you clicked or just crash. Same thing happen in opening a video from dolphin, wait n wait to open that video.

Right click and choose to lock screen does not work anymore for me, sometime works when it go to screen saver mode after 10 mins(it works some time not all the time). This happens after i jump to X11 repo for Intel driver update to avoid hang and freeze.

But the rest of the things are since from RC2 and then RC3. But no complaints until i update my system later. Will get back with updates.

Excellent, will update as well! To bad it did not make the 11.3 release…

Great!
Is Index of /repositories/KDE:/Distro:/Factory/openSUSE_11.3 the right repo for 11.3?

Yes indeed it is

Thanks. I’ll update as soon as possible.

I was just installing it now and it stopped and gave me this error…

Error: 3:Package python-sip-4.10.2-40.4 seems to be corrupted during transfer. Do you want to retry retrieval?

what do i do?? heeeeelllp

Try retry several time if necessary
If it still fails make a note of the package and skip

Hmmm…It seems to be working so far through the terminal…

Hi,

the installation of KDE 4.5. worked without a problem.
One problem occured after installation with kontakt. I’am using the german KDE4 desktop. Now, Kontakt shows a strange mixture of german and english (e.g. all menu points are in english). Has somebody similiar problems and perhaps a solution?

Best wishes

Michael

Addition: I just checked the packages. The kdepim4 packages are still 4.4.5 and not 4.5.0. Perhaps the 4.5.0 versions will be in the repository in the next days and solve the problem.

refresh repos

I have a problem, I install KDE 4.5 and after restart I get thi error:

Could not start KSMSERVER, check install.

what should I do?
thanks

They won’t. The PIM-packages won’t be updated to the 4.5 series until 4.5.1. is released. They’ve been postponed to allow more time for the akonadi-integration (and especially the migration I think) to be more streamlined and bug-free.

A bit disappointing, I know, but better that than risking data-corruption or other problems that may arise from rushing things.

Hi, same error for me as well

Retrieving: python-sip-4.10.2-40.4.x86_64.rpm [done (1.9 KiB/s)]
Digest verification failed for python-sip-4.10.2-40.4.x86_64.rpm. Expected 53fe6b5212a97406c3fa61fafd32e2d2b115480bc2194769292cdd118c8eb40d, found f71c993b8c73d19c3a49477b2db62653cc963bfaf0449bba54527d23de25103d. Continue? [yes/no] (no):

Seems that the packages are broken.

I’d like to try KDE 4.5 but won’t using the Factory repo eventually update everything to 4.6 pre-release since that’s what is going to be used for the next OpenSUSE release?

Is there an elegant solution to this?

Is it true that you have to install the plasmoid-networkmanager instead of knetworkmanager in kde 4.5? People in mailing lists say that there’s an issue with knetm in kde 4.5.

Not that I have tried to do anything wonky with it, but all is well on this end.