Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: 2 questions on KDE4

  1. #1
    Ian Gay NNTP User

    Default 2 questions on KDE4

    I'm finally switching (slowly) from KDE3 to 4 (in 11.3). There are 2
    things I so far haven't figured out:

    1. How do I turn off the tooltips which appear when the mouse moves over
    a desktop icon?

    2. How can I assign a keyboard shortcut to minimize a window?

    Any advice appreciated!

    Ian


    --
    *********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: 2 questions on KDE4

    For 2: Personal Settings/Keyboard & Mouse/Global Keyboard Shortcuts/KDE Component = KWin and then type mini in the search bar.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Aschaffenburg
    Posts
    166

    Default AW: 2 questions on KDE4

    For 1.

    Systemsettings --> Workspace --> set Informational Tips : scroll down to "Do not show".

    Have Fun
    Hans

  4. #4
    Ian Gay NNTP User

    Default Re: 2 questions on KDE4

    gsl1 wrote:

    >
    > For 2: Personal Settings/Keyboard & Mouse/Global Keyboard
    > Shortcuts/KDE Component = KWin and then type mini in the search bar.
    >
    >


    Thanks, that worked!

    Ian

    --
    *********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

  5. #5
    Ian Gay NNTP User

    Default Re: 2 questions on KDE4

    kaiserhg wrote:

    >
    > For 1.
    >
    > Systemsettings --> Workspace --> set Informational Tips : scroll down
    > to "Do not show".
    >
    > Have Fun
    > Hans
    >

    I can't find that! I have no 'workspace' at top level of systemsettings.
    There is a workspace entry under systemsettings-->desktop, but that
    contains only 'form factor' and 'dashboard' entries. Am I missing
    something?

    Ian


    --
    *********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Aschaffenburg
    Posts
    166

    Default AW: Re: 2 questions on KDE4

    I use KDE 4.4.95 (4.5) , There is a little different structure like in 4.4.4.
    On my desktop are under workspace three settings:

    1 Workspace Type:
    2 Dashboard:
    3 Informational Tips: here is your setting.

    or in german:

    1. Arbeitsflchentyp
    2. Dashboard
    3. Informationen

    Hope it helps.

    Cu
    Hans

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,287

    Default Re: AW: Re: 2 questions on KDE4

    Quote Originally Posted by kaiserhg View Post
    I use KDE 4.4.95 (4.5) , There is a little different structure like in 4.4.4.
    On my desktop are under workspace three settings:

    1 Workspace Type:
    2 Dashboard:
    3 Informational Tips: here is your setting.

    or in german:

    1. Arbeitsflchentyp
    2. Dashboard
    3. Informationen

    Hope it helps.

    Cu
    Hans
    Unfortunately this is not in 4.4.4. The best you can do is to lock widgets so the toolbar does not show up.

    Take Care,

    Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

  8. #8
    Ian Gay NNTP User

    Default Re: 2 questions on KDE4

    kaiserhg wrote:

    >
    > I use KDE 4.4.95 (4.5) , There is a little different structure like in
    > 4.4.4.
    > On my desktop are under workspace three settings:
    >
    > 1 Workspace Type:
    > 2 Dashboard:
    > 3 Informational Tips: here is your setting.
    >
    > or in german:
    >
    > 1. Arbeitsflächentyp
    > 2. Dashboard
    > 3. Informationen
    >
    > Hope it helps.
    >
    > Cu
    > Hans


    Yes! I upgraded from 4.4.4 to 4.4.95, and now I can get rid of that
    useless annoyance.

    Thanks for your help,

    Ian

    --
    *********** To reply by e-mail, make w single in address **************

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •