Thunderbird not connection using IMAP since 11.3

Dear all,

Using Thunderbird 3.0.6 under OpenSuse 11.2 worked without a problem. I have installed Opensuse 11.3 (freshly on a new partition) and I found that Thunderbird 3.0.6 is NOT connection with the same server. I used the old configuration (~/.thunderbird) from the 11.2 partition first to no avail, later remove the ~/.thunderbird link to make a clean start with Thunderbird, also to no avail.

I see some traffic coming on the server from my new 11.3 machine, but the courier IMAP server doe not respond at all.

So, same configuration, same Thunderbird version, difference is only 11.3 versus 11.2.

I now returned to 11.2 back again without any changes. So, anybody has a suggestion?

Regards, Frans.

I can only suggest to retry, since IMAP definitely works, or I have been imagining getting email. Have you opened up the Account Settings and checked that they are correct?

Also start Thunderbird from a console window to see if there are any error messages about missing libraries, etc.

Yes, i used the command line too, without any error message.
I just can’t understand why the 11.2 distribution (original up-to and including the 2.6.34.2 kernel) is working like a charm and the same configuration on the standard 11.3 distribution upto and incl. the 2.6.34.1 kernel does not.
It’s probably not a kernel issue, but maybe some (obscure?) library?

Thanks anyhow,
Frans.

On 2010-08-04 04:36, fransdb wrote:
>
> Yes, i used the command line too, without any error message.
> I just can’t understand why the 11.2 distribution (original up-to and
> including the 2.6.34.2 kernel) is working like a charm and the same
> configuration on the standard 11.3 distribution upto and incl. the
> 2.6.34.1 kernel does not.
> It’s probably not a kernel issue, but maybe some (obscure?) library?

Use ethereal aka wireshark to track the connection. See if someone is not responding or is blocked.

Cheers / Saludos,

Carlos E. R.
(from 11.2 x86_64 “Emerald” GM (Elessar))