Suspend doesn't work when screensaver is active

Hi,

got a suspend problem with OpenSuse 11.3.
I configured the powersave module that whenever I close down the screen of my laptop it suspends to ram. Works fine so far except when the screensaver is active.
It just stays on when I close down the lid.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Michael

I really don’t know but to help trouble shoot… Do you have the screen save set to require a password? The only thing I can think of the might block the event.

Nope, no password required. If I move the mouse the screensaver gets disabled and suspend works again.

Do you have a link with some info on how to trace the events? Didn’t find any useful info about the powersave infrastructure in OpenSuse11.3 and have the feeling that’s an area that got changed a lot over the last couple of versions.

Thanks again.
Michael

This very well may be a bug. Anyone else with a notebook seeing this??? Also may help to know about the exact hardware. ie brand model.

It’s an Acer Extensa 5220, which hasn’t had any problems so far (except that the Render Extension crashes the X Server but that’s stuff I don’t care about at the moment, just disabled it)

The weird thing is that suspend works really fine when the screensaver isn’t active but the whole thing fails if it is (doesn’t make a difference if it’s a fancy OpenGL one or just a blank screen)

Regards
Michael

it’s a bug indeed, and a long known one:
Bug 205453 - Closing laptop lid not working when screensaver is active

It’s been fixed for OpenSuse 11.2 but not for 11.3

Regards
Michael