Thread: Open Office doesn't load

Default Open Office doesn't load

11.3 install with gnome desktop on old PC (it's not near me, can give spec later if needed).

If one goes to start open office suite, writer, calc, etc. You get the open office splash screen with suse and the meter gets almost completely loaded (probable 99%) then it just stalls. Within a minute or two the screen disappears and no open office. Any ideas It was a fresh install and I haven't added anything other than multimedia packages and KDE base/apps. All other apps. load fine. Should I remove OOO and then add it again?
    All the virtuous deeds and merit ... can be destroyed by just one moment of anger.

Default Re: Open Office doesn't load

Hi,

Please try opening them from a terminal to see if it will throw you any errors.

Code:
    oowriter
    Take Care,

Ian
    Laptop: Dell Inspiron E1505 | OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows Vista | KDE | Intel CPU T2050 1.6 GHz | Intel 945GM | 3.2GB RAM
    Box: OpenSUSE 12.1/Windows 7 | KDE | Intel Core 2 Quad 8300 2.5GHz/core | nVidia Geforce 9500GT 1GB| 4 GB RAM

Hi Ian,
    I open oowrite with terminal and it still hangs and I get no errors. Same problem as before.
    All the virtuous deeds and merit ... can be destroyed by just one moment of anger.

Suggest Unload OO.o , reboot computer , check other normal operations. Close down (power off). New start, download OO.o again, Or instead of download from repositories, use Download install CD.
    Load OO.o from a downloaded CD, after checking correct download without errors.
    Regards
    Eionmac
    openSUSE LEAP 15.1 , Windows 10 ; Various old computers dual boot and Live Linux distros

Somewhere in this forum it was mentioned to install the SUN java version and delete the open source version.
    Having done this Openoffife was performing much better. maybe try this.
    Desktop: CPU: AMD Ryzan 4 core, RAM: 32 GB, SSD 120 GB OS, SSD 480 GB Raid, HD 500 GB , OS: 15.1
    Laptop: Toshiba, AMD 4 core, 8 GB RAM, SSD 500 GB, OS 15.1
    Printer: Brother Color laser , Scanner Epson V370. Main application: Ardour, Jack