Thread: strange minitube behavior

Default strange minitube behavior

hi folks... im noticing and strange behavior on minitube. If i start it from the kickoff application launcher and open a video what happens is that audio works but the part of the window looks transparent and i cant see the video playing... but if i open a terminal and do $minitube it works ok...

i also tried doing a new launcher that looks like this

#!/bin/bash

export XLIB_SKIP_ARGB_VISUALS=1
    exec /usr/bin/minitube

but no luck... it only works when i open it from a terminal

can someone confirm this behavior and/or have a workaround?

im using opensuse 11.2 kde 4.4 with desktop effects enable and cairo dock with open gl effects enabled too... have an nvidia 7100... rest of apps work ok...

isak

Default Re: strange minitube behavior

new info..... the script works but only if i click on it from dolphin... if i link it to the launcher on the kickoff menu it doesnt work....

Try to rename Minitubes config files (~/.config/Flavio Tordini/Minitube.conf ← don't forget to escape the spaces when working via command line). Does that change anything?

noup... same behavior... the problems reproduces only when opening the app from kickoff.... by terminal or clicking on the script it works ok... i really dont mind opening it by terminal or script... but it should work opening it from kickoff.........

Of course it should, so you should look up what Kickoff is actually doing when starting Minitube - check the menu editor about it. In case it just says the starting command of Minitube is plain 'minitube' it probably isn't a Minitube-issue at all.

it said plain minitube.... but i pointed it to my script and no luck either........ this is weird.....

son of his #$%&".... it now works..... just suddenly!.... didnt do anything.....

Nice to hear - it's a bit of a pity we did not find out what the problem was, though, but well... Have fun with the Minitube!